Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. convert 3.x D&D to HERO: rest of PH races

DWARVES

Ability Maxes:
    STR CON DEX INT EGO PRE
    23 25 18 20 23 18

Slow and steady: -4 m movement, but ignore movement side effect from armor (-4 active pts)
    Darkvision: infrared perception (5 active pts)

Dwarven resilience: +1 SPD (10 active pts) only to take a recovery phase (-1) real cost: 5 pts

Defensive Training: +3 DCV (15 Active pts) only vs. one opponent (-1/2) non-persistent (-1/4) only vs. giants (-1.25) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. convert 3.x D&D to HERO: races of destiny

like with prestige classes, I didn't do ALL of the races. Some seemed lame. Others didn't seem worth it in the context of HERO.
    To reflect bonuses from characters on abilities, each race will have different ability maxes.

STR CON DEX INT EGO PRE

So here are some very humany races:

humans - nothing except ability maxes are 20 EXCEPT one ability (chosen when created) if it is Dex, the max is 23 and one OTHER ability takes a -1 on its max. Otherwise ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. convert 3.x D&D to HERO: the rest of the prestige classes worth doing

Again, it is amazing how many prestige classes are not THAT original from the core classes, but they obviously are the loop hole for multiclassing.

INCANDESCENT CHAMPION

Incandescent Essentia: 6 pt VPP (6 active pts) 22 pt control cost (11 active pts) OAF(-1) ONLY the powers below (-1.5) real cost: 3 pts TOTAL COST: 9 pts

Incandescent Strike: 3.5d6 AID STR (21 active pts) self only (-1) one at a time (-1/2) OAF (-1) real cost: 6 pts
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. convert 3.x D&D to HERO: prestige classes from DMG, location, and race books

it is AMAZING how many prestige classes are meeh in the context of free-building in HERO. There are some things that are new and not included in the classes already covered, but they aren't worth covering. I might if a player so wishes it, but I am finding out, I will only cover classes that seem interesting.

The cryokineticist is really the first P class from a location book (frost fell), so it got covered. There are interesting bits though.

CRYOKINETICIST ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. convert 3.x D&D to HERO: rogue, ranger, sorcerer, wizard

RANGER

Favored enemy: +10 PRE (10 active pts) only in relation to favored enemy type (skills and attacks) (-1) unified (-1/4) Real cots: 4 pts +10 INT(10 active pts) only in relation to favored enemy type (skills and perception) (-1) unified (-1/4) Real cots: 4 pts; +2 OCV (10 active pts) only in relation to favored enemy type (-1) unified (-1/4) Real cots: 4 pts; 2 8-pt CSLs (16 active pts) only with proficient weapons (-1/2) only for damage (-1/2) only in relation to favored enemy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized