Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. D&D, Warhammer, and Traveller

by , 05-13-2009 at 11:51 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Another installment in my continuing attempts to decide on another game to run. This time, I consider True20, Warhammer and Traveller, as well as various forms of D&D: E6, generic classes, and retro-clones.

Updated 09-16-2010 at 08:16 AM by fmitchell

Categories
    Comparative Character Generation , Reviews
  2. The Angelics: seeking the big red book

Despite the sacredness of the temple, the party flew in and grabbed the much desired big read book that won't fit on a shelf, which went fairly uneventful due to their supernatural approach. The newest member of party left his mark by reorganizing many books out of order.

Of course, no one could read the big red book save a young blood magus that could only read it when he was sleeping, which lead to the party leaving him behind so they could feast on the hearts of younglings. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Deeping - New places for the Ancient Blood campaign

This weekend i am planning on exposing a new set of characters to the horrific environs of The Deeping. Underneath the realms is a network named by the Orrish as "the black mother's veins" - a place of vertigo and confusion, a vast ecology of twisted creatures in a sunless world connected by strange portals, tunnels and home to all manner of evil minded and foul tempered denizens. Of course, being as unprepared as i am, i have not finished the floor plans of the Hall of Holzoran... once ...

Updated 05-12-2009 at 07:50 PM by templeorder (added title)

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. The Doors of Castle Ravenloft Are Opening....Will You Be Ready?

Wow, Our next session is coming fast upon us this Saturday. It gave me a lot of ideas while I take a brief break to play around here in my blog.

So Will You Be Ready?

So shortly before the group made their way to Castle Ravenloft I gave them one last opportunity to buy what they needed...as I feel it's going to be a long haul for them from here on out. So what did they buy? Are they indeed ready? and what does it take to survive in a dungeon for extended periods of time? ...

Updated 05-13-2009 at 11:10 AM by Tamerath

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Ravenloft 4th Edition , Gaming News
  5. You CAN go home again

I visited my hometown last weekend to see my sister graduate with a bachelor's and master's degree (simultaneously!) and see my mom for mother's day. It struck me how I still know where everything is, I know what's changed and what's the same, and I fell right back into the local culture. Also, geez is it hot down there

I spent a little while frequenting old haunts. The barnes and noble where I met the GM of a group I was with years ago, the pagan shop where I got my tools of ...
    Categories
    General