Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Convert 3.x D&D to HERO: equipment, alignment, and a "4th level half-orc barbarian"

Starting money: 300 gp.

Equipment:
    Weapons:
    Cost = (active cost + real cost) x2.

Axes
    Hand axe: short HKA 1d6 costs no END (+1/2) STR range base (+1/4) (26 active points) real weapon (-1/4) str min 6 (-1/4) OAF(-1) real cost: 10 pts.

Battle axe: medium HKA 1.5d6 costs no END (+1/2) (37 active points) real weapon (-1/4) str min 10 (-1/2) OAF(-1) real cost: 13 pts.

War axe: medium HKA 2d6 costs no END (+1/2) (45active ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Convert D&D 3.x to HERO: psionic and incarnum races

now I didn't do EVERY race, (some were kind of lame), but I did do some:

DROMITE

Ability Maxes:
    STR CON DEX INT EGO PRE
    15 20 21 25 18 25

Hard to perceive: +2 to stealth (4 active pts)

Small: +1 DCV (5 active pts) unified (-1/4) real cost: 4 pts +1 OCV(5 active pts) unified (-1/4) real cost: 4 pts TOTAL cost: 8 pts

Compound eyes: +1 to sight PER rolls, increased arc of perception (240o) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. AYMS - Angry Young Man Syndrome

To preface this, I am someone who’s successfully been in sales, customer service, maintained vendor relations and had negotiation training. It might be safe to say I know something about convincing folks to do things.

Training and experience aside, there’s a saying “you get more flies with honey than vinegar,” which I’m sure everyone has heard. Most of the time the honey saying works but about 5 percent of the time, one has to be a bit stern. Secondly, common sense ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. convert 3.x D&D to HERO: warforged, shifters, and genasi

So I could have done changeling, OTHER faerun races, or kalashtar, but didn't feel like it...

WARFORGED

Ability Maxes:
    STR CON DEX INT EGO PRE
    25 23 20 22 18 17

Immune to poison: 5 active pts

Immune to sleep effects: 4 active pts

Resistant to disease: 5 drain defense (5 active pts)

Resistant to paralysis: -4 DC entangles (20 active pts) only vs. mental or physical paralysis (-1) ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Four companion characters for the Dispositio Diabolum campaign

by , 04-28-2012 at 04:26 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    The companion character is one of the most useful game mechanics introduced in the Dungeon Master's Guide 2. It allows for the quick inclusion of durable characters who can support a party without stealing the spotlight, and who are easily run by players.

I am particularly fond of the fact that companions bypass two of my pet peeves of D&D, one thematic and the other practical. The first is the need for magic items. Here are four capable high level characters and no magical ...

Updated 04-28-2012 at 05:37 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized