Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Birthright: Family Matters

Saturday, January 5, 2013

(After playing the Birthright scenario “Family Matters” Friday (Jan. 4) with Jeff Smith, Stephen Turner, and Erik Huffine from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m.)

Shaemes Whitestaff was a young lad of 17 who had been content in his role as minor noble in the country of Aerenwe, at least until the current regent, Liliene Swordwraith, died in the early spring of the year 551 Michaeline. It was little less than a month later when it was determined that he was the ...
    Tags: birthright Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. game in tacoma, wa

i can start a game would like to play a sci-fi based game but if it comes down to it we can play ALMOST anything friday night thru sunday night also need a extra dm so the dm can play a little to i can pick up people in the tacoma area i have base acces
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. New Games and Old

by , 12-25-2012 at 02:38 PM (Battle Plans and Campaign Strategies)
    I've played a fair number of RPGs. I've got the books for dozens of different games, and tend to be a completest when I decide to add a game to the group repertoire. But with the huge number of games on the shelf, and the wide range of genres they represent, it's becoming rarer that I stumble on a game (new or old) that I feel brings anything new to the table. For example, I don't feel there's much that would be offered by the myriad of fantasy RPGs that seem to come out every year. I have ...
    Categories
    Game Mastering
  4. Its hard to go back

So I have been playing Pathfinder and SR4A for awhile now and I was rereading the rules from 3.5 and SR3. I have found that while there are some things to like about the older games its really hard to go back to an older set of rules when you have played the newer set enough. The changes were made to make the game better and while some cool things may have been lost the newer games just play better. This is not to say you still cant have as much fun playing the older game its just that the newer ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Maybe running a game ... (part 2)

by , 11-03-2012 at 11:40 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    We ended up creating characters for Tunnels & Trolls, and I ran them through The Dungeon of the Rat, a new-ish GM adventure from RPGNow.

Then real life intervened. We've met twice in as many months, both times to run Dragon Age. It's an interesting system and an interesting world, but I'm not sure whether we'll return to T&T, do DA instead, or what. (Including just drift our separate ways.)

That got me thinking about another campaign I'd like to get started, ...