Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. An Evening Off

by , 05-27-2009 at 07:42 AM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    Originally, last Saturday was slated to be another session of the Tsojcanth game. However, myself (the DM), was on my way towards our meeting place when I came across the local fire departments fire engine on the way to a call. I could see that there was only the driver in the truck, and having a medic background, I turned the truck around and followed the fire engine to a house fire.

Worked out good, since I ended up being the first medic on the scene, in case one was needed. Luckily ...
  2. Ravenloft Campaign Notes

A wonderful week has passed and I dearly hope you all had a great relaxing Memorial Day weekend. For me, I had the chance to pick up the Monster Manual 2 for 4th Edition. Rather than just give a full review...I'll simplify and say it's great...buy it if your a dm and you won't regret it.

In other news:
    For those of you that haven't been following I've been running Expedition to Ravenloft converted over to 4th Edition. My players and I have been loving every moment of it ...
  3. CT Campaign Report 1

CT is the initials for the campaign setting using a cross between Modern Sagas and Fantasy Sagas produced by Ironwood Omnimedia. I can't really release too much information about. However, I can give some updates about how this Sunday's game went. (reposted from my blog)

Getting To Know You
    First of all, I was unable to tweet like I wanted due to the connection at my friend's apartment being utter garbage. That little explanation out of the way, onto the details.

Updated 05-26-2009 at 08:55 AM by ruelk

Categories
    Campaign Logs , CT Campaign Logs
  4. Astrology - how you can make it work

Ok, we all know the fantasy theme of portents, omens, and prophecy. After years of trying, i think i finally found a way to make it work as an ability/skill (at least in my Incarna system). Without a lot of details, i'll give you all a working model.

There is a basic assumption that it works. I have an entire treatise on belief and astrology and how belief can impact it - that's really up to the GM, i'll present the mechanic model here only.

Basics
    1) You must have ...
    Tags: astrology Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Old School and Hello

Itís been a long while from my first dungeon. I laugh, looking back, on how basic and amateurish it was then. But as a young man I did not care, I was having fun and being creative. This was the early days of D&D, back when everyone was trying to define the hobby and what an RPG was supposed to be. Now the games are slicker, more professional and come in a wide verity of experiences. D&D has reved over and over, having little to do with its roots as itís moved forward in to someone else ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized