Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Unending Work of an Independent System

Well, i've collected all the feedback for version 1 of my own game system i published. At the height, we had three play test groups going. I've started the mammoth task of revision for the free core rules. I'm still sticking to my guns for the basic approaches - learning curves, action and counter action, single check resolution... but a few things are going to change. We went into too much detail on a few things and important text got buried, and we tried to explain too much in the core mechanics ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Castle Ravenloft Session 2 : A Swift POKE in the EYE

The best part of writing scary monsters is seeing how the group handles the situation. Though I'm happy with how I modified Strahd, modifing the EYE of Strahd gave me an equal satisfaction.

We go back to 7th level...at the original Expedition to Castle Ravenloft encounter named, "the crossroads", where they met the last remaining Paladin storming into battle against some murks (kinda like shadows)...but I played this encounter before...it's boring, it's kinda easy...and there ...

Updated 06-06-2009 at 06:34 PM by Tamerath

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Ravenloft 4th Edition , Gaming News
  3. Placing down some thoughts about my Sandbox game.

So I have been trying to hold off on placing data down to my 3.5 Sandbox Campaign called Esurdia. (Yes I stole the name from Red Steel, but it worked.) The game started as a 2nd Ed. game but then it went on hiatus and then came back as a 3.5 game. It is currently on the shelf again, but I have been getting an itch to run it again. this is why I wanted to put something down digitally, just in case.

The idea for it all started with me being tired of Elf character dominating game play ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. 3 characters

Results from last night:

Githyanki psychic warrior
    Tortle cleric
    Poison Dusk Lizardfolk Ranger

The githyanki is of evil alignment, but the others are not fully decided yet. The players are beginning at ECL 3. I'm curious to see how their first mission unfolds.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Gorry don't i feel like a blathering fool

Seriously i haven't played in almost 5 years ,man i remember when first edition was cool, course then i was in like 5th grade
    i think that the rules are just getting way to complicated,seriously! theirs a damn rule for just about everything including bull rush
    also nobody goes into detail anymore
    i can't even give the detail i used to
    i remember one time i had to describe in detail the building i had for casting babayaga's hut
    you know what i did i called a bathroom
    Categories
    Reviews