Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Surfing with the Alien: 6/22/09 Bargle

This thread on Pen and Paper Games got me thinking about my most hated RPG villains. I am hardly ever the player. This has pretty much been true throughout my entire gaming career. Whatever group I am in, I am probably the GM. My limited experience as a player doesn't leave me with a large rogue's gallery to pull from. In fact the only villain that really sticks out was an evil magic user that gut shotted my cleric with a magic missile and ran off. I pursued him back to his run down castle lair ...
    Tags: bargle, surfing Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Society of the Upper Room, Session 4a

Our party felt worn thin after their encounter with the flame skull and its bone-shard skeleton companions and decided that taking a rest may be the wisest course of action prior to investigating either reaming set of doors. As they were departing the apartments Thalion hears a door shut. The door appears to be the closed double door across from where the group faced the corruption corpse. Thalion listens at the stout reinforced oaken door and thinks that he may hear a faint scratching on stone. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  3. Dungeons and Thermo Part 1

The fighter strains as he jams the iron pry bar between the seams of the heavy stone door. Veins stand out on his arms, his neck bulges, slowly the giant door opens. A chill wind escapes into the desert night and whips the rogue's feathered hair. The Great Byxarg's final resting place is open to plunder at last. The cleric hands the fighter the torch and he leads the way into the tomb. Somewhere in the darkness there is a low growl. “What do you think it is?” whispers the....

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sundered Skies: Session 7

And so the battle continues aboard the Firefly as her crew fight desperately against the well-trained and well-equipped Elven forces. The Elf captain is gravely wounded by some focused fire. After being enraged by a sudden backlash of his untamed magical energies, Adrian lashes out and kills him by crushing his head with his last ounce of arcane power. Thanks to a fantastically lucky shot of the ballista by the ship's Master Gunner, Borlass, a harpoon severs the restraining rope on a catapault aboard ...

Updated 06-22-2009 at 01:02 AM by Webhead

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sundered Skies: Session 6

With their business arrangement concluded, Captain Ia decides to do a few last bits of shopping in the Market Garden before returning to the ship. While doing so, she is approached by one of the Elven patrols who ask to speak with her. They inform of the discussion the temple priests had with one of her crewmen and that the Sheriff has asked that her and her crew remain confined to the docks during the remainder of their stay. They also insinuate that their presence is apparently unwelcome as it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized