Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Banished

Quote Originally Posted by temmogen View Post
    The Pathfinder game is currently full up. I will be looking for alternates in case a player drops out. In the interest of full disclosure, No Munchkins, Rules Lawyers, or Hack N Slashers need apply, this is not the game for you. No electronics at the table, it will be difficult enough to concentrate while playing in a game store. Games will be every two weeks, on Saturdays, gathering between 11am and Noon. Location will be given out to players when joining.

The Town of Ryln's Reach
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Maybe running a game ...

by , 06-14-2012 at 09:18 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    The GM of my current group wants to take a break, so I've volunteered to run something. Of the five billion options I presented, these seem to be the most popular:

1. Eldritch Skies, which I reviewed incompetently on RPG.net a couple of weeks ago.
    2. RuneQuest (Mongoose Legend, possibly upgrading to RQ6 when it comes out), setting either Elric of Melnibone or Pavis in Glorantha. (Although I've yet to read Age of Treason, and perversely I'm itching to try something Malkioni.)
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. Update to my Solomon Kane Savage Worlds Campaign

This is just to provide a guidepost for anyone, including myself, on my Solomon Kane campaign I started in Feb of 2011. Currently the site where all the game related information (or at least links to other such locations) can be found is:

https://sites.google.com/site/quietruckus/

The chatlogs may be found in the Adventure Journal section at the bottom, here:
    http://www.peracles-rpg.com/guest/jp...g/sk/chatlogs/

The "series intro" ...
  4. Playing it military style

To all GMS and Players out there (and please put your perspective), do you give (get) bonuses for doing a thorough reconnaissance and adequate planning and practice (Think Oceans 11, their practice runÖ) If so, what do you do? Lower the difficulty? Amount of hits needed?

Having said that, I do mean recon and planning like the true military do. As a player, Iíve taken several GMs by surprise by trying to play it by using recon and strategy which I donít get because I really enjoy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epicbard.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	3681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lawful evil.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	3680  
  5. D&D next playtest feedback: rogue class/skill system

so I forgot to really comment on my opinions regarding the skill system, so will do that in addition to assessing the rogue/halfling as a whole.

Again, I like the racial bonuses do damage dice on certain weapons. Especially for dagger, cause normally it is worthless as a weapon.

Regarding skills and background, I said I like them, but I really like the freeformness of skills. Using what makes sense as a check and have the player roll. The background (and class in this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized