Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. great to have people help in your game

I ran my face to face game yesterday. The group was to invade a ship to sink it. The ship was carrying a large amount of pepper which the owner of the ship wanted to flood the market driving down prices significantly. Some interests opposed it and hired the group to remove the ship.

I had some friends who I contacted to run the crewmen. I gave them the stats the layout of the ship and a bit of direction and let them work out the defense.

They gave me the basics of their ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Claimants Wars follow up.

So with the helm placed upon the Ranger's head and the seeds of discord set in place the first strike against the crown swung into effect. It was the wedding day for the a fore mentioned paladin and before he arrived at his family's chapel he spent a day in meditative prayer. Eron grabbed his men and raided the Estate of his one time friend and raped murdered and butchered all in the place, from bridal party to guests. The barbarity of it all sent a shock wave through the kingdom.

Updated 07-21-2009 at 02:29 PM by deathboy

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. Loot Only When Appropriate

Watched Knowing the other night interesting flick and pretty good. But I noticed something that I have seen a lot of in destruction films. Namely Cloverfield and one of those shitty Day of Destruction Earthquake things. In these movies people always loot when the news breaks what's going on. Now I get the appeal of looting, there's free shit, you're out with friends, and you get to throw bricks through windows. Who doesn't want to loot? And if you know that 2/3rds of the way through the film that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Excerpt from EoC #2

This is the death of the beloved Shaman "Scrat" who saves the parties life from the 3 20's I rolled in a row. (SERIOULS I ROLLED THREE!)

[Soft Serve] 8:07 pm: Scrat runs like hell across the slippery wooden deck, finds a spot where the
    wood creaks, stops and says "did you hear that?" before falling through the deck 50ft to the lower
    floor and getting impaled on sharp rocks that pierced through the boats hull when it crashed and got
    stuck
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Just got done with party and my first time ever being DM!!!

My story was well written and I had some really good parts, but I am not a good DM. I can write the adventures but when it comes down to actually being in control of the dungeon, my lack of full knowledge of all the rules really shows and I ended up giving out information and I made the mistake of not making a key system for the final boss and they ended up attacking him first. I made some mistakes but it worked out b/c without those and me dumbing down the boss, they woulda been toast. I had to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized