Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Game Session 20

by , 07-22-2009 at 07:27 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    We picked back up with the party having just fought off Drelnza. Having managed to find the hidden compartments of the dias, and find that she is restoring her body inside the coffin. Not wanting to take any chances in having to fight her again, they both put a wooden stake through her heart and sever her head from the rest of her body. The head is then placed up on one of the platforms by a door that enters the room.

Now they get down to checking things out. Since there was no evil ...

Updated 09-03-2009 at 02:44 PM by cplmac

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth
  2. Trying to re-motivate a friend's gaming interest

I cited a friends work on a new set of Battle Tech rules recently in a forum post. The rules are about 2 years old, but he used to be part of a team working on them and sort of dropped out from what i understand. I asked another friend who i know worked with him, and he said that they were being evaluated for commercial publishing by the current owner of the Battle Tech franchise.

So, i'm trying to pull him away from WoW and back to more table top/social platforms. We'll see how it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Itís still there, being persistent

A persistent world is one that a GM designs to continue to exist from adventure to adventure. This world setting defines the laws, the gods, races even the weather patterns. By having a fixed world the game takes place in allows the players to grow comfortable in a known environment, allows the learning of lore that underlines the world, and lets them see how their collective actions can shape the world around them as they play.
    Beyond living and dying, a characters action should have some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. D3 Games to Release it's Own Line of Miniatures

Yes, it's true. See the announcement here

Updated 09-29-2009 at 09:19 PM by JasonYarnell

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Wrapping up the Claimants War

So as I said last time this blog entry will be about how I wrapped up the story arc of the Claimants War. Now remember that I used this story line to transition from 2nd to 3.5, kind of what are the old characters up to know sort of thing.

What I did was had the current group of players run little side missions and do what adventurers do best, cause havoc where ever they go. From deliver missions, to strategic personnel strikes, to one of my favorites shoot the general of their side ...

Updated 03-14-2010 at 05:31 PM by deathboy

Categories
    Campaign Logs