Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Itís still there, being persistent

A persistent world is one that a GM designs to continue to exist from adventure to adventure. This world setting defines the laws, the gods, races even the weather patterns. By having a fixed world the game takes place in allows the players to grow comfortable in a known environment, allows the learning of lore that underlines the world, and lets them see how their collective actions can shape the world around them as they play.
    Beyond living and dying, a characters action should have some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. D3 Games to Release it's Own Line of Miniatures

Yes, it's true. See the announcement here

Updated 09-29-2009 at 09:19 PM by JasonYarnell

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wrapping up the Claimants War

So as I said last time this blog entry will be about how I wrapped up the story arc of the Claimants War. Now remember that I used this story line to transition from 2nd to 3.5, kind of what are the old characters up to know sort of thing.

What I did was had the current group of players run little side missions and do what adventurers do best, cause havoc where ever they go. From deliver missions, to strategic personnel strikes, to one of my favorites shoot the general of their side ...

Updated 03-14-2010 at 05:31 PM by deathboy

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. The Brooding City Ch 7 Temple of the Hungry Eye Prt 2

The story opens with Garrit trailing Ikam Vass, since his escape. He make sit to a decrepit boarding house and enters, only to find the carnage of man on a candle lit table with his brain eaten out. Garrit finds a note with Ikam who is sorry to have missed him. The note's postscript indicates he had left overs in the pantry of the house. Garrit was relieved that the woman bounded in the pantry was still alive if not hysterical.

After alerting the local watch, Garrit deduced Ikam should ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. Watching a new player evolve

Well, last weekend, we had the last of a small group of players in the main camapign. Erin's a new player, playing a magus, and had a lot of notions about her character, justice, faith and magic that were sort of dashed over the last few sessions. However, she's getting a sense of worth and where her character fits in, of the type of play (she was warned; politics, social issues, etc.) and how to best work angles, and that the adventurers live in between the black and white world she comes from. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized