Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. How to deal with back wagon drivers

or How to to piss your friends off in three turns.

Recently I switched my character from the snotty overbearing Warlord to a mischievous Halfling Ranger named Ander Strifeweaver. In the first game with this character he accidentally shot and killed the beholder the Swordmage was riding, plunging them both down a 90 ft. pit (oops!). In the game after this, our characters ended up at a local tavern. Having been drugged, ambushed and beaten in a previous tavern, you can understand why ...

Updated 08-07-2009 at 11:51 PM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Harsh

I think I need to go a little easier on my PCs for a bit. They have been facing encounter after encounter with out being able to rest between any of them, now I know I'm not running 4th edition and the rest bonuses arn't required and ect. but in all fairness, they have been awake for 48hours straight defending the town of Battle Mountain from demonic invaders with only a few moments here and there to drink some water, eat, and relieve themselves. I think the threeday siege will be shortened to the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Usefullness of Familiars

D&D 3.5 is all about making the PCs love some animals... animal companions, familiars, spirit totems....animals, all of them. One of my PCs, the one who is ALWAYS an Elven wizard always picks his Familiar and then forgets about it. I asked him why this is and he said its because It really isn't all that useful other than the bonus it adds it one of his skills (I think in this instance its a +2 to spot). I thought long and hard about how to help him enjoy his Familiar so rather than making it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Beaming Eyes Won't Seem So Bright

I have just realized people have actually been reading this blog...lol. If anyone finds my blog disappointing then I must apologize, however, this is mainly just an outlet for may ramblings. Occasionally there will be a nugget of awesomeness though I am sure.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Chronicle of the Diadrem

The frail priest of Isis worked feverishly over the fallen form of his friend. He did not understand why the warrior would not wake.

The warriors wound's were healed, but no matter how fervently or reverently the priest pleaded to his goddess she would not return to him his friend from the realm of dreams.

He turned to his dwarvish friend, "He will not wake," was the only thing he could think to say.

"Nooo....really?" was the critical ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized