Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. A D20 posting and a harken back to Nethack (comment on player expectations)

I've just read this and a lot of memories came back:

http://www.d20source.com/2007/09/nethack-how-not-to-dm

I have to say, there's a few forum threads that take a run at this issue from a few angles, so i wont re-hash those, but you may want to check out this post and comment on it. A friend of mine sent me his comment, and i have to agree with him -

"The most interesting point is only passingly mentioned, that being the gamer culture or expectations ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Using Arrays in macros

As your creating your macros you probably have created a pretty hefty list of properties for each of your tokens. You might even have dozens of extra variables floating around in the macros as well. You may want to group some of those variables or properties together since they are all common values.

If you look at the D&D rules you'll find that all characters have 6 ability scores. You could create 6 variables to hold them, or you could put them all in an array. It really comes ...

Updated 09-03-2009 at 01:55 PM by Q-man

Categories
    MapTools
  3. Real time online games

Oh yea, i just wanted to dump this perspective and move on with my life. For the last few months, i've played Evony online. It was a fun game. But here's what i hate about real time games.

A few days ago, at 6:30am i logged in to check things and i was being attacked. None of my alliance mates were on, and the leader of our alliance had not been around in days. I had to go to work. It was there i came to the realization i was dead. I thwarted a few attacks but without sitting there ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Giving the GM a break

Well, i'm very happy with one of my three groups of players. My father passed away recently, and one group i've run one (its my least complex and most pre-developed plot line) and it was easy. I've even done one impromptu session with a couple players just to get some escape in in the last few weeks. But my main group, 7 players in all, which were scheduled to play soon decided it would be better to play a board game and go easy on me until i can mentally recover and get back into things.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Buying 4th ED D&D

I think I am going to buy the books. I am having trouble finding players/gms for 2nd. I would rather play then DM. Also have a st-daughter that wants to learn to play.
    Categories
    Uncategorized