Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Year

The campaign began on June 13, 2012. Itís still going today, June 19, 2013, and I expect gamers here in 2 hours. I should be preparing for this evening, but Iím writing this because I want you to play.

In the campaign itís only August 23, barely 2 months after the PCs started adventuring, but the PCs are, for the most part, level 11. Straining credulity? Indeed we are, and with a fine-mesh sieve, my friend. I havenít figured out how other DMs justify long passages of time within their ...
  2. Attribute Comparison, Danmaku Yuugi Flowers Sample NPCs, and Conversion to Tale of Phantasmal Land

by , 06-16-2013 at 08:40 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Before I get started with the NPCs, here is what constitute a typical attribute level for normal people in each game system:

• Danmaku Yuugi Flowers: 3
    • Feng Shui: 5
    • Maid: 2
    • Mekton Zeta: 5
    • Star Frontiers: 45
    • Tenra Banshou Zero: 2
    • Tale of Phantasmal Land: 4
    • Traveller: 7

Danmaku Yuugi Flowers chronicles the adventures of apparitions, demons, fairies, ghosts, and even some humans, as they resolve mysterious incidents that beset their fantasy land. Tale of Phantasmal ...

Updated 06-16-2013 at 08:50 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tenra Banshou Zero Sample NPCs

by , 06-15-2013 at 07:43 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    As I usually do with pre-packaged settings, I have altered a number of elements to suit my tastes. The descriptions provided in this post can be said to broadly resemble the official world, but differ in many specifics.

Tenra Banshou Zero is an alternate, "hyper-Asian" world consisting of entrenched human colonists and aboriginal oni, where advanced spiritual technology lies in the hands of Buddhist preachers, Shinto priests, and Taoist sorcerers. Political power is wielded ...

Updated 06-15-2013 at 07:56 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mekton Zeta and Zeta Plus Sample Mecha, Starship, and NPCs

by , 06-14-2013 at 06:44 PM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Technology in Mekton settings often undergoes rapid development. What follows is information from two years prior to the scenario. Damage, structure, and stopping, essentially "hit points" are measured differently between mecha-scale and personal-scale. For NPCs, units are measured in Hits, and for mecha and starship they are measured in Kills. Roughly speaking, one Kill is 25 Hits, though in practice it is difficult to use Hits of damage to affect Kills of structure. Therefore, the ...

Updated 06-14-2013 at 06:53 PM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Feng Shui Sample NPCs

by , 06-13-2013 at 04:57 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    The Feng Shui scenario will not take place in the standard setting of the "Secret War." That doesn't mean some of the props won't be reused, as can be seen below with the inclusion of Buro-like weaponry. It will still be a world where magic and super-science can be found lurking not too far below the surface.

Leng Catacutan
    Attributes
    Bod 8 (Mov 8, Str 8, Con 8, Tgh 8)
    Chi 1 (For 1, Fu 4, Mag 1)
    Mnd 5 (Cha 5, Int 5, Per 5, Will 5)
    Ref 7 (Agl ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized