Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Television: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Internet

It's been about three months since the move, and three months without any sort of television service. And I can safely say I don't miss it one bit.

(Well, maybe one bit; Dexter is rather good, and I'm not sure how we'll swing watching the new season without a Showtime subscription. Le sigh.)

Turns out we didn't really pay for television service so we could watch it; we watched television because we paid for it. The shows we follow are on Hulu - barring Dexter, of course. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. In Which We Have A Busy Week...

Wow, this has been an exciting week for me! Crazy busy (hey, this is becoming habit) so I'm going to touch lightly on what I can.

Tinker's Damn (Steampunk Card Game)
    Monday, I sent off the prototype of Tinker's Damn for review by my first game company. This is thrilling, not just because the game is finally ready to show others, but because I wowed the owner/lead game designer enough with the inquiry letter to lead him to ask to see the prototype. I know that (like being published
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Talking to Sharks...

Recently, I've had the pleasure of doing some game-creation work for Lone Shark Games, a fantastic collective of game-makers, event planners and all around fun-makers.
    You may have encountered their work at Gen Con's Guardian 6 events or Puzzle Hunts.
    Or, if you work for a cool enough company, it's possible they may have organized or invented games for one of your events.
    You may have played "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Playroom-Entertainment-Unspeakable-Words-Game/dp/B000UC8BPE"]Unspeakable ...

Updated 09-15-2009 at 07:15 PM by JessHartley

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. DnD....and iphone?

So, I've been playing DnD for years and i always have crazy Ideas popping into my head for adventure hooks, puzzles, encounters, etc. and i recently bought a little notebook to scribble said ideas into. Now, i don't own an iphone, I'm a PC guy, as in I actually know how to use a computer; that being said, I recently looked into upgrading my cellphone. Other than a few minor drawbacks (and being an apple product) the iphone looks like a pretty cool little gadget. i can add all my ideas as well as ...
    Tags: dnd iphone Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Scepter Tower of Spellgard [Part 6]

After some difficulties with scheduling for the past couple of months, we're finally back to the adventure! In reality we've had two sessions, so we were back to it a while ago. I've just been lazy about typing up a synopsis.

Edric apparently caught some disease from fighting with the wererats, the following morning he refused to get out of bed. Alerat, Fez, and Miabe didn't feel like wasting the morning so they set off to the ramparts without him.

Edric had explained