Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Earthdawn Glossary

Setting terminology and information (WIP)

adept – Namegiver who can manipulate magic. Guided by the philosophy of their Discipline, they use their talents to enhance their actions. Adepts are able to advance in ability much more quickly than others are able to acquire skills. About 5% of the general population would have the capacity to become an adept, a little more than half of these Namegivers manage to find the Discipline that speaks to them and a compatible teacher willing to ...

Updated 01-02-2010 at 11:04 PM by TAROT (Adding some magic)

Tags: earthdawn Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs , Gaming
  2. Stranger in A Strange Land.

by , 12-26-2009 at 03:35 AM (Stranger in A Strange Land.)
    Hi!

I guess this first entry should be my introduction so here it goes:

My name is Marcos, I live in São Paulo, Brasil. Lived here all my life.
    English is my second language, I practice it every chance I get because I really enjoy it.

I first got into RPG's back in highschool when my cousins and I used to play the 3rd Ed. D&D.I have been away from the hobby for quite some time now and I really miss it.

Not sure what to expect ...

Updated 12-26-2009 at 03:49 AM by Marcos

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Star Wars Saga Edition Books

by , 12-25-2009 at 02:57 AM (Random musings of an insane writer)
    You know, it's interesting. I got the Saga Edition Core Rulebook on order and was looking at Starships of the Galaxy and Knights of the Old Republic and they're sold out everywhere. Wherever I look and find them new(Amazon, etc)They are over 80 dollars. Vultures? Now, perhaps I can find them in-store, but still, I like to shop online and its just annoying when 'rare' items such as these(They have no right being this hard to get)start costing so much.

Blah. Screw im' anyways. Just gonna ...

Updated 12-25-2009 at 03:02 AM by TaiRei

Categories
    Games
  4. Tempting FATE: Advancement

There's one aspect of hacking up Spirit of the Century that was neglected in the previous posts: character advancement. That is, characters change in response to their experiences. Usually by getting mechanically better at what they do. Most games that I've seen build on this base model, either with levels or build points. Spirit of the Century, as written, is not one of these games.

By design, characters have already "made it" as pulp adventurers and heroes, so there's nowhere ...
  5. A PC's life is finite.

Saying its unfair to give the PC's an equal chance to die as the NPC's is just silly. The PC's at least get to choose their battles most of the time. NPC's and monsters are an expendable, renewable resource. They always die off faster then the PC's. If they didn't it would be a very short game and I would be a very lousy Dungeon Master.

If a PC gets thrown into an arena and forced to fight a veteran gladiator should they not be scared? Is it wrong to assume that gladiator is a survivor ...

Updated 12-22-2009 at 11:00 PM by scars_of_carma

Categories
    Gaming