Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Tempting FATE: The Basics and Aspects

As with writing a novel or doing academic research, the first thing to do when hacking FATE is look to see what work has been done before you. So, we go to the Series of Tubes for inspiration in reflavoring Spirit of the Century for use with Star Wars.

Over at rpg.net, there are two bits by the poster Kiero - one on tweaking FATE, and one on creating a Saga Edition inspired Star Wars hack. There are lots more over there (as well as over at the Evil Hat wiki), but I think these two will ...
  2. Tempting FATE

Or: How to Hack Games for Fun and Profit (Minus the 'Profit')

So I've been jonesing for a good Far-Far-Away galactic romp, since the release of the d20 Saga Edition. The series has fascinated me as far back as I can remember ('specially when a six-year-old me got to rent Return of the Jedi; it was a big frickin' deal to rent a movie, since we didn't own a VCR then). It's a huge slice of space, with a near-unlimited potential for awesome (read: interesting characters doing interesting ...

Updated 11-29-2009 at 05:22 PM by Sascha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. World of Wu-Yu

LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

The World of Wu-Yu

Civil war and social upheaval have left communities starving, dispossessed, and lost. Many have been forced into wandering, doing odd-jobs in order to fill their bellies. The challenges of the day include not only merciless lords and unscrupulous brigands, but also hunger and disease. At the same time, it is also an age of opportunity, when resourceful spirits can rise from the ashes, and the bravery of a few can change the course ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Enjoying being a player for a change

by , 11-25-2009 at 05:16 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    I am enjoying being a player for a change. This is the first time that I have got to actually play a character in a game since 1991. We are fortunate in our tabletop game group that there are several people that are willing to run games. We have been playing 2E so far, but we may eventually even branch out to do other RPGs as well. I know there is one person that would like to run a Star Wars game.

Starwolf, from the site here is actually DMing the game that we are currently doing. ...
  5. AnonyCon coming real soon (9 days to go...)

We're down to the home stretch for AnonyCon, as everything falls into place and the excitement builds.

The hotel rooms are filling up, but we've still got room for a few more. The dealers are packing their merchandise, and the GMs are finishing their last preparations.

I am very excited about the new Holiday Inn Select layout and the amount of space we've got. Expect easy access to your badge if you've registered in advance, as we'll have those set up in the front ...

Updated 11-25-2009 at 08:32 AM by bananapants (tagging)

Categories
    Gaming News