Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Eberron Campaign: "Sanctuary"

From the Journals of Francis Ulysses Calvin Kyle IV:
    Page #16
    998-999 YK, 2nd Far of Aryth.
    Road outside the city of Passage, in the nation of Aundair

As we neared the city we saw a convoy moving to intercept us. We could make out a wagon and some riders. Black Tye identified the heraldry of a royal house; specifically that of Warlord Adal ir’Wynarn, Minister of Magic of Aundair.
    They hailed us and rode up to speak with Salamanthar. Why - Salamanthar? I have ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. Tempting FATE: The Force and Other Setting Considerations

We've covered the main mechanical aspects of FATE, as they relate to Star Wars; in both the Skills and Stunts posts, we referenced the Force in one fashion or another. So now it's time to describe the Force, how it works, and so forth, within the context of FATE.

THE FORCE
    By now, most of us geeky types understand the Force, either by casual watching of the films or a more in-depth, analytical look at the philosophies that emerge. And the arguments over the nature of the ...
  3. English for RPGs - Index

Well, it’s getting to the point where I’m wondering, “Have I done this one already?” So, I’m making a list of what has been done, where it is, and what still needs to be done.

Link to Preamble.......Link to Part 01..........Link to Part 02..........Link to Part 03
    Link to Part 04..........Link to Part 05..........Link to Part 06..........Link to Part 07
    Link to Part 08..........Link to Part 09..........Link to Part 10..........Link to Part 11
    Link to Part 12.......... ...

Updated 12-19-2009 at 10:35 AM by TAROT (Update to Part 14)

Categories
    Language
  4. English for RPGs – Part 12

Another phrase that twigs me the wrong way is “one of the only.” (Also, “among the only.”) If the person or object is not a singular and is merely a rarity, then “one of the few” sounds much better to me.

I saw the phrase “painted into a corner” used where “neatly categorized” would have fit the context. To paint someone into a corner is to trap them or limit their options. Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe “pigeonholed” was in an earlier draft.

OF v. 'VE
    Categories
    Language
  5. Short Review - Pathfinder - DM Screen

Pathfinder Review - DM Screen

Hello, Everyone. It's time for another review. This one will be very quick. It's the new DM screen from Paizo.

It's generally pretty rare that I am ever surprised when I get a new accessory for my hobbies but this is one of those rare occassions where I am pleasantly surprised. This new DM screen is of the highest quality that I have ever seen and is easily superior to any screen that I have ever owned for any gaming system. ...