Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fall Term Complete

by , 12-10-2009 at 10:59 PM (Random musings of an insane writer)
    Well tonight's final ends the Fall Term for me. Looking forward to a few weeks of rest.

Got some personal projects to work on, as well as catch up on some freelance work so I can afford xmas presents

Looks like it'll be a gaming extravaganza for the next few weeks. Gonna burn my eyes out on some vid games and melt my brain with tabletop stuff as well.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm tracked for 'A's in all my classes. Because I'm a damn genius. ...
    Tags: college, finals, games Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    College , Life , Games
  2. adventurer commandments

This is written for the benefit of all dungeon style adventurers. It is somewhat tongue in cheek and old school in style but should be of benefit to dungeoners. Please feel free to add to the list.
    Commandments for adventurers
    1. You shall minimize losses by only keeping your distance from an unopened chest or door till the rogue is done.
    2. You shall move to the side of the rogue after he is successful to ensure that he doesn’t get the best part of the treasure, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Tempting FATE: Skills

SKILLS
    In this installment, as it is, we're dealing with skills and how they relate to both FATE and Star Wars. What Saga Edition did for the property, in this regard, I really like - a nice, tight skill list (compared to other d20 games of its era), and no skill points to fiddle with. It's also here that I'm deviating some from Kiero's adaption.

I like FATE's skill pyramid, so we won't be switching to the column model like he did. We're also not using skill points; I don't think ...

Updated 12-09-2009 at 10:01 PM by Sascha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Star Wars : The Force Unleashed, Ultimate Sith Edition PC

by , 12-09-2009 at 03:00 PM (Random musings of an insane writer)
    The Force Unleashed : Ultimate Sith Edition for the PC. The graphics are spectacular, but that's to be expected because this is basically a port of the XBox 360 version. There are some performance issues that I should note, I had to reduce resolution(I don't mind all that much as long as it runs smooth)due to the hefty demands this game makes on a dual core system. Granted, I play on a laptop, but its all I gots for now and I'm not looking to build a desktop right now. The system specs for the game ...

Updated 12-10-2009 at 02:53 AM by TaiRei (Add image, price, etc.)

Tags: star wars Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Games
  5. English for RPGs – Part 11

On the stylistic side, I've found another word that I dislike on principle. Proverbial. If you're going to trot out the hoary old chestnuts, there's no need to announce, “Look! A cliche!” (This probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if it hadn't been used three times in two pages. Any word that is obviously an author's pet can become quickly annoying.)

ALTAR/ALTER

altar (n) an elevated religious structure
    alter (v) to change

He was left standing ...

Updated 12-18-2009 at 08:05 PM by TAROT (More examples)

Categories
    Language