Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. first online chat game part two

This is a continuation of my impressions about online chat from the July 14 blog. Now that I have some additional experience doing a chat game I have taken some additional steps to try to improve and speed up the experience. I decided to use maps and posted them to the group site and had everybody reference them for combat. This is working out ok. I have the maps gridded so the players can at least have a common reference. There are a couple of drawback is one, the players have far more information ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. pathfinder in different setting..

Hello all,

I am one of the old UNL D&D players that is now DM'ing. We are using a modified, current Pathfinder based RPG. It combined some of the old world classes (paladins for each alignment), races (Kizinti, Giff...), and worlds (spelljammer, author conversions). All in all it makes for a compelling story that is more based towards role playing then "Kill em all n let the gods sort em out". There are some things I disagree on in pathfinder Edition that I have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Terran's Journal - Return to Camberton

I'm not quite sure of all the events that took place yesterday. I was on the roof of Jocelyn Mathis' Inn trying to get more information about her and took a spill. I believe I may have hit my head as the events leading up to this are a bit foggy. I do know that the Lady Mathis is probably involved in the dealings with Benzin. She was onto us though and protected her intentions. I think we may have to keep an eye on her in some way. On our return to Camberton today, we came across more brigands ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Terran's Journal - The Waiting

Tomorrow night is the night we came here for. We have decided to investigate Calbert's bandit problem until then. It seems in the surrounding hills there are supporters of Eoline, long detached from her army. We rounded them up and brought them in. I had a discussion with Leo today about Colben. It seems he is not explicitly a supporter of Brice, however it seems he is easily swayed at this point. I may have made some headway with him as to supporting Colben, this may only be temporary though. ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. The Road to War

So we finally kicked off the Scales of War Campaign after a month delay and numerous player changes do to people having other commitments. Four players showed for the first game, a fifth stopped by after work to tell us he had the flu and was going home. So not to bad of a turnout.

First off, this is the 3rd or fourth game I've DM'd in about 10 years, so I suck, and I know it. Hopefully I will get better with the narration and other aspects of DM'ing soon. The game got off to a bit ...

Updated 01-25-2010 at 03:56 PM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Campaign Logs