Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Randomizers

I received some dice I ordered recently; crystal dice that are shaped differently from the standard polyhedrals with which we're familiar. These are shaped differently... like this. By the way; I can recommend that web site for ordering dice and bags. My wife got some nice Elven Runic dice from them, and I also got a black bag with silver and grey spiders in webs.

What is it about we gamers and our dice? We don't like it when other people handle certain dice. Other dice we will loan ...
    Tags: dice Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Underdark Adventure: Standing against Patchy

by , 01-19-2010 at 07:03 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    A check of the cabin again only gives up some bandaging supplies and several flasks of oil. We take it with us, figuring that it will come in handy later. Since we were at the end of this passage, we head back to where another passage went when we decided to check this way first.

As we go down the other direction, we again come across another cabin in here. As we are approaching it, a person comes out and is surprised to see us. He immediately starts calling for help, so naturally, ...

Updated 02-18-2010 at 11:58 AM by cplmac

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Underdark Adventure
  3. changes

I consider myself old school about a lot of things in gaming. I grew up putting everything to paper and keeping copious records of my games. I found my first player by advertising in a gaming magazine. He had some friends and we were off and running. My major tabletop group I met while working in a game store and at least three of them are still with me after thirty years of gaming.
    I find myself amazed by the progress of technology and how it has changed the gaming scene. The proliferation ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Is It Time To Come Back?

I just joined Pen and Paper. I'm very happy I did, too. I have been on a gaming hiatus for about two years now. Prior to that, I was/am a gaming veteran of over 20 years. I love tabletop gaming. I started with the "Little Red Box", and the rest is history. Like most of you reading this, gaming has been my hobby and my passion. I've had some killer groups - and good friends - over the years. My last gaming experience really went sour, though. I had some bad chemistry with one of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Road to War: Session 5 "The "Thing" Below"

After finding the four teleportation circles in the upper floor of the tower the group takes a rest and discusses their options.

A consensus is finally reached and the party decides to split into two groups. The first will go into the crypt and after the prisoners and the "thing" the hobgoblins mentioned. The crypt is located somewhere near or below the ruined church in the outer bailey but its exact location is unknown. The rescued prisoners, the city guards, Ruckus and ...

Updated 01-24-2010 at 02:32 AM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Campaign Logs