Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. "Gamer Chicks" - Take Two!

Someone who commented on my last entry the typical stereotypical role-player: acne-ridden teenager, maintaining the opinion that as a "gamer chick" I was seen as something gamers are not. It would be seen as me "getting in bed with those who are the stereotype."

Is it justified that gamers have to be acne-ridden teenagers or middle-aged men who still live in their mother's basements and play WoW or D&D all day? Why can't a somewhat successful woman or girl ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Lynus the Bard

I started playing (Half-elf prescient bard named Lynus) in a table-top game today with tobyk (DM), his brother (Kenny: Elf Avenger of Pursuit named Jam), one of their friends (Scott: Dwarf Fighter named Arbek), and somebody else who was also new to the group (Adam: Eladrin Feylock named Ergo).

Some memorable moments:

Watching Arbek butcher a cow that some wolves had killed. We were then attacked by those wolves. When the wolves were dead, Lynus skinned the wolves, mutilating ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. "Gamer Chicks"

I've never blogged...ever...on any site whatsoever, so why now? I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this topic.

I mean, what's so special about "Gamer Chicks" or female gamers? I am one myself, and honestly it's not that big a deal is it? I have met several women gamers and they play many more MMORPG's or console games than I ever did in my entire lifetime. Perhaps it's because I like to role play more than ROLL play, that I'm more into the pen and paper aspect ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. When it works well

So, its been a while since I blogged. A lot of the campaign has changed, but it moves forward. I'm thinking of using a minor plot line from a friend who ran an adventure in Dwindor Swamp with this evil tree, undead forces from Gwinn, and sunken boat and artifacts. Anyway, the old witch is dead and the new characters have to return to this evil place - so i contact LArry who came up with the whole thing and was the GM. He gives me the details on the history of the place and how the magics works. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Avatar; or Wild Elves Vs. Warhammer 40 K

Let me start by saying that no person able to see the movie Avatar on the big screen should miss the opportunity to do so. Imax is better. Imax 3D should pretty much pop your geek gland's clutch. Seriously. Go watch this movie if you already haven't. The story is excellent and very well told. Sure, some stuff is telegraphed. But I am sincere when I say that I wish I had written it.

That said, you can still put it on the back burner and simmer until it is reduced to wild elves Vs. Warhammer ...

Updated 01-22-2010 at 09:07 AM by Anachronist (corrected title of game referenced)

Tags: avatar, movie Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized