Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Damn Groundhog Didn't Have to be Right

by , 02-10-2010 at 05:48 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    Hmm, might have to make a trip up to Punxitawny (spelling?) and make stew out of Phil so that he stops seeing his shadow. Our tabletop group was supposed to get together last Saturday for a game session, but Mother Nature decided to drop the big snow storm out here. Many of the members had power outages, not to mention the problem with all that snow on the roads. If the weather cooperates, we are going to try for this Saturday, Feb. 13th. If we do get to game, I will get Belsar's journal entry updated ...
  2. "Gamer Chicks" and Romance in RPG's.

Well, this is a random rant I don't know many of you will want to read but I just have to get it off of my chest.

This has to do with the general subject of romance in role playing. Most of the role playing I've done has had a bit of romance in it and some innocent flirting which is fine. Though it never was the primary focus, it gave an interesting twist to the plot and me being a romantic, I had a blast with it.

There have been games where there has been a whorish type ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Herding Cats

Which is essentially what a DM does.

There were a couple of sessions I didn't blog about because they were kinda short. But the group brokered a treaty between some kobolds and dwarves and now war has broken out. So the group is heading to the Confederation of Kingdoms to convince them to ally with Borellon and Callan, because otherwise the relative evenness of the two sides forces would result in a long, bloody, war (not counting the humanoid tribes involved.) The group:
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Bughunt! XD

Yesterday's (02/06/2010) adventure consisted of killing Giant Ants (where's the bug spray when you need it?) of various types (mostly minions) and praying to (and cursing) the dice gods.

As a show of their fickleness, Arbek hit quite often in the beginning, and then hit a pretty long streak of no hits. Saving throws were thrown fairly often (mostly of poisonous type), including death saves by Arbek, Ergo, and Lynus. Jam's temp hp saved his hide on numerous occasions, so the bard didn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Gourmet Adventurer

After a few more days of travel and some small encounters later, the group climbed a fair amount up the side of Mt. Telwargath to a cave looking for some wild blue mountain scragweed to finish their potions of invulnerability. Our on a cliffside, they come to a cave opening with the plant growing all around. Og is holding one of the many cookbooks from his pack, reading off some of his favorite dishes.

Og: "Ohhh!! Dis wun gud!! Chicken-fry buholder eye stalk!! Mmmmm...." ...