Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Road to War: Session 6 "The Dragon's Splinter"

After charging out of the wizards lair and back into the crypt filled with skeleton the group made easy work of the feeble skeletons. They then took the time to search the body of the fallen wizard, but not being trained in the arcane arts they are unable to determine if any of his possessions were magical in nature and so decide to take them all to the halfling wizard for a thorough inspection.

As they exit the crypt and enter back into the destroyed church they notice movement in ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. Rabid

Back off.

Sometimes I want to say that to people. They say "Man, how can you play (edition X) of that game? Everyone knows (edition Y) is so much better!

RPGs have been around a long time now. From their humble beginnings of a couple of guys that published what was basically a pamphlet for which they could come up with no better name than "Chainmail" to the most recent 4th Edition game using online assisting programs, miniatures, landscape, spreadsheets, ...
    Tags: edition, version Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. "Gamer Chicks" - Take Two!

Someone who commented on my last entry the typical stereotypical role-player: acne-ridden teenager, maintaining the opinion that as a "gamer chick" I was seen as something gamers are not. It would be seen as me "getting in bed with those who are the stereotype."

Is it justified that gamers have to be acne-ridden teenagers or middle-aged men who still live in their mother's basements and play WoW or D&D all day? Why can't a somewhat successful woman or girl ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Lynus the Bard

I started playing (Half-elf prescient bard named Lynus) in a table-top game today with tobyk (DM), his brother (Kenny: Elf Avenger of Pursuit named Jam), one of their friends (Scott: Dwarf Fighter named Arbek), and somebody else who was also new to the group (Adam: Eladrin Feylock named Ergo).

Some memorable moments:

Watching Arbek butcher a cow that some wolves had killed. We were then attacked by those wolves. When the wolves were dead, Lynus skinned the wolves, mutilating ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. "Gamer Chicks"

I've never blogged...ever...on any site whatsoever, so why now? I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this topic.

I mean, what's so special about "Gamer Chicks" or female gamers? I am one myself, and honestly it's not that big a deal is it? I have met several women gamers and they play many more MMORPG's or console games than I ever did in my entire lifetime. Perhaps it's because I like to role play more than ROLL play, that I'm more into the pen and paper aspect ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized