Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Sample Trap Statistics for Memories Remain

by , 10-09-2013 at 02:47 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Lava Fall
    Level 29 Warder
    Trap
    Bright, molten veins appear in one of the giant stalactites on the cavern's ceiling, the one directly over your head. A moment later, it bursts open and drops, releasing a downward flood of glowing lava.

Trap: Five stalactites in the area are enchanted to release elemental magma from an overhead reservoir when an enemy enters any square directly below them.

Perception
    DC 38 (active) to realize there is a layer of molten ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sample Monster Statistics for Memories Remain, Record #2

by , 10-08-2013 at 04:33 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Angel of Watchfulness
    Level 29 Soldier
    Medium Immortal Humanoid (Angel)
    Any Alignment
    Languages: Supernal, Telepathy 30
    Str 26 (+22) Con 20 (+19) Dex 26 (+22) Int 24 (+21) Wis 30 (+24) Cha 26 (+22)
    History +29, Religion +29
    Diadem, robes

Traits
    Alert - cannot be surprised

Aware - does not grant combat advantage unless dazed or restrained

Penetrating Telepathy - Any creature within 30 squares that the angel of ...

Updated 10-08-2013 at 05:32 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sample Monster Statistics for Memories Remain, Record #1

by , 10-07-2013 at 05:48 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Abyssal Scavenger
    Level 29 Minion Brute
    Medium Elemental Magical Beast (Demon)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Languages: understands Abyssal
    Str 30 (+24) Con 17 (+17) Dex 27 (+22) Int 8 (+13) Wis 26 (+22) Cha 6 (+12)
    Bluff +17

Immediate Actions
    Undulating Form (at-will reaction trigger - an enemy makes a melee or ranged attack against the abyssal scavenger) Shift 1.

Minor Actions
    Resume Form (requirement: the abyssal scavenger must ...

Updated 10-08-2013 at 01:04 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hakkenslash RPG Kickstarter Coming Soon!

With the play-testing having commenced for my Hakkenslash RPG and the results so far being quite satisfying, I'm now preparing to launch a Kickstarter campaign at the beginning of October with the goal of raising the money needed to pay the artists and layout editor who will be contributing their efforts to the book. As well, of course, are the initial printing costs.

There will be several goodies available for backers, from credits to pdf's, to soft/hardcover print copies, custom ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hakkenslash RPG - The game hack based on simplicity

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hakk-logo.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	3984
    There are many systems like it. This one is mine.
    In the time-honored tradition of fantasy gaming, I've spent many days and nights pouring over giant tomes known as rule books, learning new systems, new editions, new rule erratas... at times I thought my head would explode. Along with countless others, I have retreated to the past style of old-school gaming - that which we now know as OSR.

Even now, as I sit down with new players at my ...