Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Nature of Magic and The Great Wheel

To understand the nature of magic one must first comprehend the nature of The Great Wheel. Time is the mechanism that keeps the great wheel of The Planes turning. As time moves, things change. The relationship of time and change is measured with age. Time is a constant omnipresent force, or rather, the relationship of change to the passage of time is constant.

Nothing on the great wheel is permanent. Time changes all eventually and the breadth of time itself is inconceivable. The ...

Updated 04-09-2010 at 02:24 PM by scars_of_carma

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Writing and stuff

by , 04-08-2010 at 11:19 PM (Random musings of an insane writer)
    Because I'm taking a writing class right now I really don't feel like posting much. I hate that. I have to write an essay a week plus the 3 graded essays for the class itself. Blargh. Teach says to mix up the sentence structure a bit to make things more exciting. I say, bah! It seems I'm doing alright so far. The teacher has responded to my discussion posts on our website saying that my style is 'superior' so I guess that's a good thing? It may or may not be. He might have higher expectations of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Mass Combat Rules

In order to simplify combat on a large scale Units have 2 values to consider. Attack and Defense. These are generalized values and modifiers used when considering a units weapons, armor and level of training.

Attack Bonus
    Primitive or Small Weapons (-1)
    Simple Weapons - (-)
    Melee Weapon - (+1 / +2)
    Reach Weapons - Attack Bonus (+3)
    Ranged Weapons - Can attack targets at range, thats a huge advantage

Defense Rating
    Uniform (11) ...
    Categories
    Gaming
  4. Spring Term

by , 04-05-2010 at 08:05 PM (Random musings of an insane writer)
    Well, spring term started last week and now I'm taking another writing class, which is annoying cause I have to figure out grammar again and I hate doing that(run on sentence anybody?). Our class focus will be Alternative Media, our first essay is to choose a topic from the Infowars website and read an article on there we find interesting a couple of time then lay down our thoughts about it. In order to quote facts, we need to find a second article from another site talking about the same subject. ...
    Tags: politics Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    College , Life
  5. Shrinking parties?

In our last session (about a month ago 'cuz our DM had a bowling tournament two weeks ago when we would have played), we saw the passing of Lynus the Bard.

Yesterday's session saw the entrance of Marc the Deva Invoker/Cleric. Not a major damage dealer or healer, but he helped to keep the party alive and kill the bad guys, which is what matters.

Leviticus the Ranger wasn't feeling too good from the lizardfolk's poisons, so he got left behind when Vimak the Fighter ...

Updated 04-04-2010 at 12:41 PM by DarQuing

Categories
    Uncategorized