Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Inceptum Terminus Kingdom and Mass Combat Supplement News

Heyas folks,

Work has been coming along for the next book in the Inceptum Terminus product line. The next book will feature the integration and use of the Hero System Kingdom and Mass Combat rules. It won't be a very large book, but it will add in more detail to the Corporate States, units and their histories, and new optional mass combat rules to help simulate modern warfare better.

I received a lot of advice from a few friends that had served in the military on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Having fun as a player

For so long I have been a DM. Although it is great fun telling a compelling adventure story and furious combat. It was a breath of fresh air after almost getting my character's brains bashed in to relish in the glory of surviving yet another adventure. What's more is getting to see the othe side of the screen for once. Another bonus is not having to prep for the next game except maybe to grab the dice and charcter sheet on the way out the door.
    I have been posting the adventure logs to my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Nature of Magic and The Great Wheel

To understand the nature of magic one must first comprehend the nature of The Great Wheel. Time is the mechanism that keeps the great wheel of The Planes turning. As time moves, things change. The relationship of time and change is measured with age. Time is a constant omnipresent force, or rather, the relationship of change to the passage of time is constant.

Nothing on the great wheel is permanent. Time changes all eventually and the breadth of time itself is inconceivable. The ...

Updated 04-09-2010 at 02:24 PM by scars_of_carma

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Writing and stuff

by , 04-08-2010 at 11:19 PM (Random musings of an insane writer)
    Because I'm taking a writing class right now I really don't feel like posting much. I hate that. I have to write an essay a week plus the 3 graded essays for the class itself. Blargh. Teach says to mix up the sentence structure a bit to make things more exciting. I say, bah! It seems I'm doing alright so far. The teacher has responded to my discussion posts on our website saying that my style is 'superior' so I guess that's a good thing? It may or may not be. He might have higher expectations of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Mass Combat Rules

In order to simplify combat on a large scale Units have 2 values to consider. Attack and Defense. These are generalized values and modifiers used when considering a units weapons, armor and level of training.

Attack Bonus
    Primitive or Small Weapons (-1)
    Simple Weapons - (-)
    Melee Weapon - (+1 / +2)
    Reach Weapons - Attack Bonus (+3)
    Ranged Weapons - Can attack targets at range, thats a huge advantage

Defense Rating
    Uniform (11) ...
    Categories
    Gaming