Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Can I monitize my passion?

The late Malcolm S. Forbes said, "The biggest mistake people make in life is NOT making a living at doing what they most enjoy."

When I think of my hobbies I consider fishing, working in the garden, working on the house, watching UFC, and playing computer games. None of those compare to my first thought; role playing games. I enjoy the stink out of them. I like reading about them, owning them, getting with a few people to play and running them. I'm not a writer like some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Finally tried using Obsidian Portal

Yea, its pretty good. For a free service, its actually really darn good. I like PnPG for all the gamer discussions, and OP for the campaign management... glad they've teamed up.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Coming This Summer!

D3 Games presents a Neptune City Narrative:

USA FIFTY: BOOK of the WEST

The best nation on Earth deserves the best heroes for its defense. Whether they walk boulevards of Hollywood, look over the oil fields of the North Slope, or can hike the Grand Canyon on the way to grandma’s house, the Champions of the Western United States stand strong in the face of injustice. They are the chosen few, the best ...
    Categories
    Gaming News
  4. These look extremely cool!

Otherworld Miniatures

Product Gallery

New mini's - based on AD&D (1st ed) artwork.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Turning D&D into an "MMO"

(Inspired by something I read on rpg.net this morning, and seem to be unable to find again. Sigh. Crazy awesome idea, though.)

What if instead of the "traditional" D&D setting, the world operated as a MMO, in the vein of .hack. The setting would be self-aware: that is, the characters "know" they're just digital avatars; NPCs are either other "players" or limited-response AI, and the difference is obvious to the PCs (the color of their 'name' tag, maybe ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized