Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. We get to surprise the Undead for once

by , 04-29-2010 at 02:56 PM (cplmac's campaign logs & blogs)
    After resting, we go back to Milborne, We get there late and arrange for rooms for the night. The next day, I looked for some better armor to purchase, but there is none to be found. We then set out for Thurmaster, but have to leave Corabell at the inn. She seemed to be in some type of trance. The Barkeep was paid to take care of her until we returned. As we set out, Blintz, Rennek, Tristiana, Dengar, and Godric are nowhere to be found. Hopefully the 5 of them have set out for Thurmaster earlier ...
  2. The role and approach to luck

Does anyone use "luck" in their games as some sort of official mechanic? Is it personal or group based? We have both good and bad as an actual mechanic. I've tried to come up with a good way to approach a "shared" luck approach without much agreement. The 2 prevalent solutions are
    1) All personal luck can be conferred on another party member
    2) There's a sep. luck for the group that is less powerful but can be used by any in the group.

The first one ...
    Categories
    Musings
  3. What makes a hero or villain? (comments please!)

We have a discussion going in our gaming group about the definition of a hero or villain in gaming terms, that is understood by both player and GM.

Is "heroic" usually based in good/evil or malicious/virtuous? I would guess its gotta be good/evil since evil may act virtuous in pursuit of their goals.

Here's the initial text -
    Hero or villains are labels for those characters adopting roles center to the game plot who also choose a code of conduct (evil ...
    Categories
    Musings
  4. Life's little battle

Well, i sure wont be gaming in a new house for a long time. The appraisal same in way low. Barely what i paid for it 5 years ago and 50k has gone into this house... pathetic. Guess i'll be keeping the man-lair for a while 'cause i'm not going anywhere. Don't get me wrong, its a good gaming space - everyone loves to come here, but 5 years is a long time. Oh well... happy to still have the house i guess, since it came in high enough to refinance.
    Categories
    Musings
  5. Secrets of Karolak's Scow District

Steel Realms Destiny: Dunstrand Rising
    http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...php?groupid=83

The party, freshly healed and trained in Karloak, took up pay for an old friend of Taer. A couple new characters enter, while Meldrin and Eldric are likely gone. The Order of the Stone Hand pays the group to find out about folks going missing in the Scow District.

Full account of the events...
    http://www.incarna.net/iweb/host/kel...t/mk2/#bigger1
    Categories
    Campaign Logs