Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blood on the Stones: Solo, Amaranth

Background
    It is the year 1425 in the Kingdom of Acamea. The Crusade of King Braden I is embroiled in violent battles all over the kingdom.

Player Characters

Amaranth-http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...p/9614-Blydden

Amaranth An elven ranger from the forest of Cormanthor, his village was slaughtered by drow and he was forced to step through a portal into The Wilds of Acamea. Now he wanders with no motivation besides revenge. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campai...cters/amaranth
    Categories
    Ayodya , Campaign Logs , Gaming
  2. Anticipation and Dark Sun

When tax return season came around my wife and I gave each other a good chunk of change to spend on anything we wanted. I opted to purchase and pre-purchase every single D&D 4th edition book I could get my sweaty little nerd-gamer hands on. This included Dark Sun's two manuals and the Psionic Handbook that is coming out.

Seeing those two fated words together brought me back to my youth. I still own both editions of the Dark Sun campaign setting. Indeed I still own EVERY RPG book ...
  3. Running games in your own home.

I have been DMing for a very long time. Previously my gaming groups have consisted of friends and family all gathered in my mother's living room. When I moved out it migrated to my own living room. Now that I have my own place and plenty of room, the perfect table, miniatures, battle mats, scenery, books, and everything else you need I am hesitant to let strangers into my house to game. Especially since my daughter (Now over a month old) is born and in the house.

On top of the time ...
  4. Gaming around Town

So I am gaming in some games outside of my own (once populated) circle. Our DM for Pathfinder has retreated to his Townhouse in all but virtual identity and I continue my group with players; consisting of my wife and one other.

The few meetups I have had at Game Empire for LFR have all been boring to me and got tired of playing those scripted mini adventures.

I managed to hook up with a group that meets Sunday during the day at Emerald Knights. I am playing a Hybrid ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The perils of running your own game site

I always prefer the control over simplicity. So, i went to upgrade the database component of my web site (i run my own hardware) and everything crashed! Of course, can't have an easy day off. Scrambling for 2 hours i made sure everything was up to date, port scan, yadda, yadda, yadda. No worries as its always backed up, but dang... i hate having the site down. Had to post a message until it all came back on line, database engine upgraded, now of course the server pages need to get recompiled... ...
    Categories
    Musings