Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Reviews

This category is for reviews of roleplaying game related products.

1. Player's Handbook 2

So, I picked up the players handbook 2 this friday. So far pretty impressive. There are 5 new races, 8 new classes and whole host of paragon and epic destinies to choose from. There is also a fair number of feats (many for new classes and races but some for all). One in particular sparked my interest in the heroic tier; implement expertise--gives you a +1 bonus on powers used through a particular type of implement(ie wands, rods, staff, etc). Might be good for our warlock who seems to have ...
    Categories
    Reviews
  2. 4e Forgotten Realms

I've never played in a FR game before and I've only read one book relating to it. I bought the book primarily because I was unable to follow where we were and were going in the game I was playing in. Also to better educate myself about the setting so the DM does not have to stop and explain who, what, when, where and why all the time.

I have not read the whole book yet, and probably won't for some time. I've read the first 80 pages or so and flipped through and read some things that ...

Updated 03-19-2009 at 12:49 AM by kirksmithicus (I checked the book, i'm on page 80)

Categories
    Reviews
  3. Savage Worlds/Sundered Skies

I've been an RPGer for over a dozen years now. I keep looking over my list of games that I've tried and it always seems woefully short in comparison to some of you out there ... even some people who've been playing for less than half the time I have. I've set out to rectify that, and so far it's going well.

This weekend I got a chance to play in a game of Sundered Skies (using the Savage Worlds system) run by our very own Webhead. My first impression of the system was good; after understanding ...

Updated 02-23-2009 at 11:59 AM by GoddessGood

Categories
    Reviews , Reviews
  4. DnD 4E Reactions; a custom system?

So I am trying to figure out whether or not I am in love with DnD 4E. I can't exactly say that it has been the best 'treat' to read through the books! Some of it has been pretty thick actually. But I do like some of the changes and the style. I don't like how 'canned' things feel. I almost get the sensation that if I take something out, the rest of the system falls apart. Is it just me?

Anyway, I am going to use it for my new campaign; I think it is definitely an improvement in technicalities ...
  5. Waltz with Bashir

I wanted to see this movie because of the interesting animation style more than anything. I didn't really know what it was going to be about, just some vague notions about the Isreali conflicts. The whole thing is subbed. I gotta tell you, though ... it was a hell of a downer.

It's one of those movies that's meant to teach something to the audience. The message that comes through is that no one is on the right side, we are all capable of attrocities. Even and especially the people ...

Updated 02-23-2009 at 11:59 AM by GoddessGood

Categories
    Reviews , Reviews
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567