Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Reviews

This category is for reviews of roleplaying game related products.

1. Gorry don't i feel like a blathering fool

Seriously i haven't played in almost 5 years ,man i remember when first edition was cool, course then i was in like 5th grade
    i think that the rules are just getting way to complicated,seriously! theirs a damn rule for just about everything including bull rush
    also nobody goes into detail anymore
    i can't even give the detail i used to
    i remember one time i had to describe in detail the building i had for casting babayaga's hut
    you know what i did i called a bathroom
    Categories
    Reviews
  2. H.P. Lovecraft stories

I've recently begun reading a compilation of H.P. Lovecraft's stories "of horror and the macabre" if you believe the hype on the front cover. So far I've read through 7 of the 16 presented in the book, so I thought I'd give a quick rundown of my opinions on each.

The Rats in the Walls - This story begins with the narrator describing how he hunted down the ruins of an ancestral home that is reputed to be cursed and much maligned by the locals. He, being an upstanding New England ...

Updated 06-02-2009 at 10:08 AM by GoddessGood

Categories
    Reviews , Reviews
  3. Star Wars The Old Republic

I know this is off-topic, but it's my blog so here it is...everyone...I have a confession to make....I'm a GAMER!!!! Not just pen and paper games...but all games. I own an xbox 360 (currently down with the red ring of death...), a psp, boatloads of games, and yes I do have a subscription to World of Warcraft (though honestly not as addicted to it as I once was).

So I've been following The new Star Wars MMORPG that Bioware (you dnd fans might recognize that they did the Neverwinter ...
    Categories
    Reviews , Gaming News
  4. D&D, Warhammer, and Traveller

by , 05-13-2009 at 11:51 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Another installment in my continuing attempts to decide on another game to run. This time, I consider True20, Warhammer and Traveller, as well as various forms of D&D: E6, generic classes, and retro-clones.

Updated 09-16-2010 at 08:16 AM by fmitchell

Categories
    Comparative Character Generation , Reviews
  5. Player's Handbook 3 Playtests, my thoughts

I'm not exactly sure how many of us here on Pen & Paper Games are Dungeons & Dragons Insider members, but I am, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Player's Handbook 3 Playtest articles they released. Keep in mind that these things might be changed before release...but here it goes

Hybrid Classes
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20090406

The Wilden
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20090420

So my thoughts: ...
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast