Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Reviews

This category is for reviews of roleplaying game related products.

1. My First Blog and My first Review - Pathfinder Part 1.

My First Attempt at a Review – Pathfinder RPG

Greetings, Ladies & Gentlemen. (said in the immortal Heath Ledger’s Voice of the Joker)

For tonight’s entertainment, I bring you My crazy, non-sensical, illogical, emotional, tyrannical
    and generally over-the-top & low-blow tirade review of….. (brace for it)….

Pathfinder the Roleplaying Game

Now I’m not going to explain what Pathfinder is, since anyone who is actually ...
  2. I can be a LG RPG Pirate?

I just started Pathfinder recently (only 1 session, so no serious judgments yet) and it has brought up the same old questions surrounding Pirating (since much of Pathfinder started off as free PDFs from what I understand).

I think that all too often music, video games, and even rpg books/materials are outrageously overpriced and that in many cases it would even be logical for them to be freeware. However, how could any artist or developer afford to keep going if everyone steals? ...
  3. My HackMaster Basic "Review"

Disclaimer - Keep in mind that I haven't yet played the game, only read the rulebook. What follows is written with the assumption that the reader has more than passing knowledge of HackMaster 4th edition, enjoys 4th edition, and realizes that 4th edition was a serious game with parody elements, not a parody game with serious elements. There are plenty of venues out there where one can find clear, detailed reviews that cover the book chapter by chapter from cover to cover. You won't find that here. ...
    Categories
    Reviews
  4. Switching Gears: Light In the Darkness

I didn't know Obsidianportal existed till today when I got the email that our site "allied" to them. Fortunate for me, I checked it out and found a really cool tool to all of us dms out there. Basically the site is a wiki of sorts that manages the information we type into it...I've messed around with it and here's mine only an hour.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/8244/

Also, you might have noticed if you followed that link that I'm closing up my Ravenloft ...
  5. Hall of Maiden's Trap Encounter

The Maids’ of Strahd XP 2,400
    Stained lace hangs neatly from eight canopied beds. In each bed, a figure of a young woman lays motionless, pale hands folded over her chest. In the eighth bed lay Ireena Kolyana dressed not in the armor you last saw her in, but a white wedding dress.
    Perception
    characters can’t use Perception to detect this trap
    Additional Skill: Arcana
    DC 30 : the character notices that Ireena is just an illusion, but the rest of the women are real ...
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast