Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Reviews

This category is for reviews of roleplaying game related products.

1. D&D Essentials Red Box

So for Saturday, I attended the D&D Redbox game day at Game Empire, Pasadena. My goal was to take a look at the red box system mostly to see if it would serve as a good easy system to use for my program for after school activities. So, in may case, I was interested only on how it would work in that setting with beginning gamers.

In this game, I played the pregen Dwarven Fighter Slayer, which had an interesting set of powers. Most notable of the character was the lack of dailies, ...
    Categories
    Reviews
  2. Have you checked out d20Pro?

d20pro pushed out an update today. Version 2.1 is out of beta and available for download.

You know, I recently ran a 4th edition demo game using d20pro. It's actually a pretty sweet little app for running remote games, and even for using as a digital replacement for your battlemat at your regular face-to-face games as well. It was designed specifically for the d20 OGL ruleset and has a set of plugins to integrate nicely with Pathfinder. There are also patches for 4th edition, and ...
  3. games from the past arduin

I know that many of you only know of D&D as it is the king of the roost, however back in the dark days of Role-playing circa 1975-1980 there were other games, some good, some not so good and some of them have influences on things to this day.
    This particular game was named Arduin and it appeared in 1977 about the same time as the first edition monster manual. Yes the monster manual was the first of the AD&D books to appear. Anyway Arduin was a setting written by a man named David ...
  4. Pathfinder Bestiary Review

Pathfinder Bestiary Review

Well, Here it is February and itís time for another review. This time is the Pathfinder Bestiary up for review. This book is largely a remake of the D&D 3.5 monster manual that has been brought up to date with the newer stats and abilities that are found within the Pathfinder system.

This review will be fairly short as I will not be describing every monster in the book.

Starting right off the bat on page 5 is a short chart ...
  5. Another "Comparative Character Generation" essay; Two to go.

by , 02-02-2010 at 10:24 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    I've written another in the Comparative Character Generation series. I'm only going to do two more, since a) I've examined most of the systems I'm likely to find players for, as far as I know, and b) my real problem isn't the system I run.

So if anyone wants to see something besides PDQ, PDQ Sharp, FATE, Fudge, GURPS, BRP, MRQ, MRQ2, WFRP2, WFRP3, Unisystem, Barbarians of Lemuria, NWoD, Savage Worlds, Risus, or several variations on d20 ... speak now.

Updated 09-16-2010 at 08:16 AM by fmitchell

Categories
    Comparative Character Generation , Reviews
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast