Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Reviews

This category is for reviews of roleplaying game related products.

1. My Blog

2. Numenera Stream-of-Consciousness Quasi-Review

by , 12-28-2013 at 12:10 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    So far I've read the Player's Guide and skipped through the core book. I'm not sure whether I like Numenera or not.

The central mechanics are pretty cool:

• The system requires only three dice: a d20, a d6, and a d100. (OK, a d100 is two dice unless one is brave/stupid enough to use a Zocchihedron.)
    • Every challenge -- from combat to a steep climb to a seduction -- has a Rating from 0 to 10. 0 is trivial, an automatic success; 10 is nigh-impossible. To beat
    Categories
    Reviews
  3. Complete Campaign - Lessons Learned Along the Way, Part 2

Iím wrapping up the first campaign that Iíve intentionally completed. EVER. Iíve learned a lot from the process and am quite thrilled at the idea of finishing a campaign on purpose with a fairly tidy ending (I hope). I feel that this was one of the most interactive and fun to GM campaigns that Iíve ever run. In this short series Iíll be sharing a few of the lessons that I learned along the way with examples from the Solo Ravenloft campaign. Hopefully youíll end up inspired to try something different ...
    Categories
    Reviews
  4. Complete Campaign - Lessons Learned Along the Way, Part 1

This weekend I will be wrapping up the first campaign that Iíve ever completed. EVER. Iíve learned a lot from the process and am quite thrilled at the idea of finishing a campaign on purpose with a fairly tidy ending (I hope). I feel that this was one of the most interactive and fun to GM campaigns that Iíve ever run. In this short series Iíll be sharing a few of the lessons that I learned along the way with examples from the Solo Ravenloft campaign. Hopefully youíll end up inspired to try something ...
    Categories
    Reviews
  5. D&D Essentials Red Box

So for Saturday, I attended the D&D Redbox game day at Game Empire, Pasadena. My goal was to take a look at the red box system mostly to see if it would serve as a good easy system to use for my program for after school activities. So, in may case, I was interested only on how it would work in that setting with beginning gamers.

In this game, I played the pregen Dwarven Fighter Slayer, which had an interesting set of powers. Most notable of the character was the lack of dailies, ...
    Categories
    Reviews
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast