Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Gaming News

1. World Building for Budding DM's

After a question from Blud about how to create a campaign world, I decided to create this to show folks just how easy it CAN be... if you LET it be easy.

I started with a Google Map of a town with which Blud may be familiar (it's his hometown!!), Republic, Missouri. I start with a new name... and welcome you all to Morlic (twisting the actual name around)!

I then get a screen shot of the map version of the town, and decide which direction the local port is, and which direction ...

Updated 11-12-2010 at 09:02 PM by Malruhn (To add categories and such correct some grammar horrible!!! Suck I do!)

Categories
    Gaming News
  2. Too much going on, not enough time to blog

Well, so far i'm done with 1 of 6 solo play scenarios (all connected in a series) and about 1/3 done play testing the first one.

I'm also working on a group play called the Sickness of Braddon Bog - that goes really well. In adding some finishing touches i think i've made it too convoluted. It seems to twist the fate of about 5 different groups or powers together, painting a bit of a dizzying picture. It would take a un-ordinary group of players to really appreciate the complexitites ...
    Categories
    Gaming News
  3. Delays and Upcoming Things

In case you haven't heard, Inceptum Terminus: Chronicles of the New Confederation setting book has been delayed until next summer for publication. The delay has forced me to stop working on support for the game setting like the Mass Combat Rules supplement. I'm still eager to test out my ideas for mass combat powered by Hero System. The early test games were very positive since Hero System can handle miniature wargaming just fine and better than some of the rule systems I've played in the past. ...

Updated 08-28-2010 at 06:31 PM by Richard Littles

Categories
    Gaming News
  4. Pen and dice RPG Techniques for 3D RP

A project is underway to create a set of techniques for the application of APOCalypse 2500 a books and dice RPG in an electronic 3D chat environment. Since the game will not be played in a custom environment the goal is to come up with some processes by which GM's can administer rules, tell stories, and present visually satisfying encounters. It's like marrying two completely apposing points of view especially getting the idea of structure and limitation into 3D chat RP's like IMVU.
    Categories
    Gaming News
  5. Coming This Summer!

D3 Games presents a Neptune City Narrative:

USA FIFTY: BOOK of the WEST

The best nation on Earth deserves the best heroes for its defense. Whether they walk boulevards of Hollywood, look over the oil fields of the North Slope, or can hike the Grand Canyon on the way to grandma’s house, the Champions of the Western United States stand strong in the face of injustice. They are the chosen few, the best ...
    Categories
    Gaming News
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast