Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Gaming News

1. Atlas Games Releases Free "Dragon's Heirs" Official Archetypes PDF

I'm glad this PDF is finally done and up on the Atlas site - nice to see it up there, and I appreciate the help from the co-author Jay and the other resources provided from other members there and some here as well; I couldn't have put it all together without the help. Blurb follows:

Hey all, anyone interested in the Feng Shui RPG might find the following useful, as Atlas Games has uploaded a free PDF which compiles brief summaries of each of their 59 official archetypes into one ...
  2. D3 Games presents a Neptune City Narrative:

USA-50: Book of the West

The best nation on Earth deserves the best heroes for its defense. Whether they walk the boulevards of Hollywood, look over the oil fields of the North Slope, or can hike the Grand Canyon on the way to grandma's house, the heroes of the western United States stand strong in the face of injustice. They are the chosen few, the best super-heroes each state of teh union can offer, forged into a team that makes a mighty weapon against evil.

They ...
    Categories
    Gaming News
  3. Fantasy Dungeon Creation

After getting a comment on how I build campaign world maps, I've decided to talk about how I create dungeon maps. I have a confession... it's easier than I want to admit.

There are three sources for dungeons - natural caverns, man-made (creature made!!), and combo dungeons.

With natural caverns, I just use squiggles on a piece of graph paper - or download an existing cave map (http://www.climb-utah.com/WM/Maps/NuttyPuttyCaveMap.pdf). Then I arrange the monsters with as ...

Updated 12-11-2010 at 11:35 PM by Malruhn

Categories
    Gaming News
  4. D&D Game Recap

Last night I played a game of D&D using P&P's chat service for the first time in a year or more. I had an excellent time, and was joined by another PC towards the end of the night. I wanted to extend invitations for any other D&D players interested in playing. We'll be setting up a chat room at 9:00 p.m. Central Time. We're looking for players with premade characters between lvls 6-8. Various editions are being used. I have a Tallfellow Fighter/Thief made in 2E fashion, who is 6th lvl. ...
    Categories
    Gaming News
  5. World Building for Budding DM's

After a question from Blud about how to create a campaign world, I decided to create this to show folks just how easy it CAN be... if you LET it be easy.

I started with a Google Map of a town with which Blud may be familiar (it's his hometown!!), Republic, Missouri. I start with a new name... and welcome you all to Morlic (twisting the actual name around)!

I then get a screen shot of the map version of the town, and decide which direction the local port is, and which direction ...

Updated 11-12-2010 at 09:02 PM by Malruhn (To add categories and such correct some grammar horrible!!! Suck I do!)

Categories
    Gaming News
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast