Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Campaign Logs

1. High-level Play, Part 1

I've players who're unfamiliar with the latter half (levels 10+) of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5. That's okay. But a raft of rulings are needed when a dude casts the scrying spell and then casts the teleport spell to murder folks in their sleep. This is long 'cause I try to cover all the bases.

High-level Play
    At about level 9 the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 game changes significantly in that it assumes Team Antagonist has questions and that Team Protagonist has answers. Some of Team ...
  2. The Year

The campaign began on June 13, 2012. It’s still going today, June 19, 2013, and I expect gamers here in 2 hours. I should be preparing for this evening, but I’m writing this because I want you to play.

In the campaign it’s only August 23, barely 2 months after the PCs started adventuring, but the PCs are, for the most part, level 11. Straining credulity? Indeed we are, and with a fine-mesh sieve, my friend. I haven’t figured out how other DMs justify long passages of time within their ...
  3. Walker - Texas Danger

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

(After playing Steven Walkups D20 Modern Walking Dead scenario “Walker, Texas Danger” Saturday (March 23) with Adam Frager, Christopher Sparks, and Kevin from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at CaesarCon 2013)

From the Journal of Francis “Frank” Strazynski (also called “Sarge”)

The day it all went to hell, I was on a mission.

We were members of an elite DEA squad, code-named Omega Squad. We had assembled in an undisclosed, ...
    Tags: d20 modern Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Tabloid! - Faux Pas Part 1

Thursday, April 4, 2013

(After playing the Tabloid! scenario “Faux Pas” Friday (March 22) with Josh Smith, Buddy Rosso, Jeff Laforest, Adam Frager, and Steven Walkup from 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. at CaesarCon 2013)

“Editorial meeting! In my office, everybody – now!” bellowed the editor as he strode through the reporter’s bullpen. He didn’t wait to see if anyone followed, but barged right through and planted himself at his desk. He was sweaty and his tie was pulled down, ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. Tabloid! - Faux Pas Part 2

The five reporters met up after Fisher and Schmidlap had finished their breakfast. They discussed renting a car and Fisher told them he’d found a guy who could fly them to where they wanted to go. Combine suggested renting dog sleds but that idea was soon nixed. Then he talked about renting snowmobiles.

Farcas and Shrugg headed for the post office to try to track down the address attached to the P.O. Box. Meanwhile, Fisher and Schmidlap ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast