Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. A Questionable Review of The Strange Bestiary

by , 11-24-2014 at 03:54 PM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Luis Borges
    These ambiguities, redundancies and deficiencies remind us of those which doctor Franz Kuhn attributes to a certain Chinese encyclopaedia entitled 'Celestial Empire of Benevolent Knowledge'. In its remote pages it is written that the animals are divided into: (a) belonging to the emperor, (b) embalmed, (c) tame, (d) sucking pigs, (e) sirens, (f) fabulous, (g) stray dogs, (h) included in the present classification, (i) frenzied, (j) innumerable, (k) drawn with a very fine camelhair brush, (l) et

Updated 11-24-2014 at 04:33 PM by fmitchell

Tags: the strange Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Reviews
  2. An adventure in Windows

Not the MessySoft kind. Real solid physical windows with glass in them.

Last Saturday we at long last got rid of the 90 year old windows a in this 90 year old house. The change is amazing. No rattles, hardly any road noise, and best of all no drafts.

This comes courtesy of my wife wining the perfect loan contest at Quicken Loans where she works, The prize money paid for the new windows. Yea we are that domesticated, or homeowners, much the same really. Win a big prize ...
    Tags: gaming, home Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Space Opera Recursion for The Strange

by , 11-14-2014 at 04:30 AM (Inside lives a goblin that feeds on indecision.)
    Recently I've been playing The Strange with a reasonably stable group. Yesterday I had an idea for a space-opera style recursion (parallel world for the rest of the gaming world), and having nobody else to tell I'm telling you. Don't you feel special?

The problem with wedging an entire galaxy, or even a solar system, into one of the Strange's recursions is that recursions are supposed to be small, much smaller than Earth, so that the GM isn't madly mapping planets for every adventure. ...

Updated 11-14-2014 at 04:35 AM by fmitchell

Tags: seed Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Abstract Musings
  4. Boot Hill - The Manchester Mangler & Stable Fire and Bank Hold Up

Monday, November 10, 2014

(After playing the Boot Hill 3rd Edition pocket adventures “The Manchester Mangler” and “Stable Fire and Bank Hold Up” with James Brown, Peri Newman, and Logan Scott Sunday from noon until 5 p.m.)

Three people entered Promise City, Texas, on Monday, June 5, 1876. They had been travelling west for over a week together and had gotten to know each other pretty well. The stage had proven too expensive, so they were travelling on foot.
    Tags: boot hill Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. Superworld: Wane's Revenge Session 1 Part 1

Monday, October 27, 2014

(After playing the original Superworld scenario “Wane’s Revenge” with Logan Scott, Bo Lewis, Briant Davis, Aaron Scott, Nissa Campbell, and James Dixon Sunday, October 26, from noon until 5:30 p.m.)

Several news reports appeared in the newspapers and on television over the weekend of September 27-28, 2014.

Several ATMS in the west Charlotte area had been robbed and vandalized over the last two weeks. According to police, the ATMs ...
    Tags: superworld Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
Page 1 of 321 123451151101 ... LastLast