Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Doom Crow

1. DM Worldcraft: Obsidian Portal Wiki

Hi again and apologies for the long delay between blog entries. The stresses and tribulations of everday life couple with some medical issues have prevented me from being able to sit down and collect my thoughts in a manner which I deem is suitable enough to convey in the written word.

With that aside, I will continue my entry for today. With the news that Pen & Paper Games had partnered with Obsidian Portal, I decided to take a look at this site and see what it was all about. ...

Updated 07-28-2009 at 09:44 AM by Doom Crow

Categories
    Campaign Logs , World Building
  2. DM Worldcraft: Planet Shaping

Hello again and welcome back. Last time I discussed what kind of campaign setting I wanted to create, touching briefly on the prevalence of magic in the world. Today I'm going to be talking about the actual world I want to create, shaping the planet and giving it the properties and appearance that will eventually house my campaign setting.

D&D and many other fantasy games stretch the imagination and what we can accept as fantasy, but the fact that science still impacts these ...

Updated 07-28-2009 at 08:40 AM by Doom Crow

Categories
  3. DM Worldcraft: Ideas take Form

Welcome back. I'll begin by catching everyone up to where I am on the project right now, starting from the inception of the project.

The best thing about D&D to me from a DM's perspective is the world in which you are telling your story. I have long been a huge fan of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting ever since the old AD&D box sets, and have ran many games in that world. It has so much lush detail, so many avenues to take your imagination that I couldn't get enough of ...

Updated 07-28-2009 at 08:39 AM by Doom Crow

Categories
  4. A DM's Worldcrafting Experience

Greetings. This is the first entry in what will become an account of my experience in building upon the world I created late last year. My goal is to document my ideas, dilemmas, roadblocks and inspirations as I develop something I wish to someday see published. Whether that goal comes to fruition is not my main focus today, but rather the experience itself so that I may use this as a learning experience and a chance to exercise my creative powers.

As I said I created my world late ...

Updated 07-28-2009 at 08:39 AM by Doom Crow

Categories