Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser-Fritz Leiber

There were many influence books for original D&D. Many of them are out of print or only just being brought back into print. When I talk with people on this site, it is amazing to me that many of them have never heard of the books or the authors. I find this a shame as most of them are a great deal of fun to read. I will be starting this with the books by Fritz Leiber and his creations, Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser.

Fafhrd and the Grey Mousers are loners by nature. Fafhrd ...
  2. changes

I consider myself old school about a lot of things in gaming. I grew up putting everything to paper and keeping copious records of my games. I found my first player by advertising in a gaming magazine. He had some friends and we were off and running. My major tabletop group I met while working in a game store and at least three of them are still with me after thirty years of gaming.
    I find myself amazed by the progress of technology and how it has changed the gaming scene. The proliferation ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. adventurer commandments

This is written for the benefit of all dungeon style adventurers. It is somewhat tongue in cheek and old school in style but should be of benefit to dungeoners. Please feel free to add to the list.
    Commandments for adventurers
    1. You shall minimize losses by only keeping your distance from an unopened chest or door till the rogue is done.
    2. You shall move to the side of the rogue after he is successful to ensure that he doesn’t get the best part of the treasure, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. first online chat game part two

This is a continuation of my impressions about online chat from the July 14 blog. Now that I have some additional experience doing a chat game I have taken some additional steps to try to improve and speed up the experience. I decided to use maps and posted them to the group site and had everybody reference them for combat. This is working out ok. I have the maps gridded so the players can at least have a common reference. There are a couple of drawbacks one is , the players have far more ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. first online chat game part two

This is a continuation of my impressions about online chat from the July 14 blog. Now that I have some additional experience doing a chat game I have taken some additional steps to try to improve and speed up the experience. I decided to use maps and posted them to the group site and had everybody reference them for combat. This is working out ok. I have the maps gridded so the players can at least have a common reference. There are a couple of drawback is one, the players have far more information ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast