Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

outrider

1. first online chat game part two

This is a continuation of my impressions about online chat from the July 14 blog. Now that I have some additional experience doing a chat game I have taken some additional steps to try to improve and speed up the experience. I decided to use maps and posted them to the group site and had everybody reference them for combat. This is working out ok. I have the maps gridded so the players can at least have a common reference. There are a couple of drawback is one, the players have far more information ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. experimenting

When I decided to reboot and restart my 3.5 game, I had decided to do some experimentation with it. The group had been with me for a period of years and I thought we were getting a little stale. We added new players to the group to shake up the pecking order as a start.
    What I did was to take some of the Malhavoc press books, when the sky falls and when a god dies as a start. I had a meteor strike Beldorn, my homebrew setting. The consequences from this were that the arcanosphere, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Encounter cards

We were having a discussion the other night about random encounters. Im kinda in the middle about this. You could argue the journeys the adventure or just a passage of time. One guy wanted to make encounter tables for each and every area of his setting.
    I suggested what I had done. I do encounters on a more general level like woods, plains, hills etc. and I do them on 4x6 cards that are colored. I got them at staples but I suspect they are easily found. For woods, I use the green cards, the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Old Games

The last couple of weeks, I have been looking for old games that I had fun with in the past. I have been looking for Boothill, Stormbringer, Gamma World, Metamorphis Alpha and Justice Inc. I have run these games in the past as either one shots or mini campaigns. My memories of them are fond.

I am aware that many of them are still around, Stormbringer is now Elric, Gamma World is under a new label, Justice Inc is now Pulp Hero and am unsure if there is a replacement for boothill. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. successful campaigns and styles of dming

The other night we had a spirited discussion on the chat room about styles of dming and successful campaigns.

The first will be about successful campaigns. I believe that we can all agree that everybody should be having fun but is there more beyond that? One of the guys said although everybody died they were having fun. I wondered since the group all died the objective of the campaign was not met. To me a campaign that is successful is one where everybody has fun and a goal is met. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast