Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Blog Comments

I take it you didn't know the players/dm for the Skype session? I have a group that is Skype-able that I am familiar with. They just all went into the Air Force around the same time and left me here to game alone in a cold dark corner.
    I'm in agreement with wizarddog, meet players in a neutral place first. I gave Meetup.com a try a year ago and within a week had 7 interested players in my area. We are still gaming together after a year. Before that I tried Skype, but that did not work out too well. You really don't get an accurate feel for who is playing in your game when its long distance over the internet. At least with Meetup, problem players tend to be known and identified, so it is much safer than any other method I've tried (including Craigslist, local newspapers, community boards).
    That's where I'm headed right now, at least until she gets to the toddling stage or so. I'm heavily leaning toward Skype.
    Meet with potential players in a neutral place (i.e. coffee shop) beforehand so you get a feel for them and their personality. You might also look to other gamers who are married or have children of their own, who would at least understand your home setting and values.

There is also the possibility of you taking a break from gaming until the baby gets older and you feel comfortable having strangers (i.e. Baby sitters) being around your child. I basically stopped gaming after my daughter was born and basically missed out on 2nd edition (returned at 3rd edition). I don't feel it was major lost