Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

MapTools

As I fool around with MapTools more I'll post a few things tutorials around the stuff I learned.

1. Using line of sight in Maptool (Part 2)

Last time I promised that MapTool would hide and reveal enemies and sections of the map as the players moved around. Then I showed you how to get MapTool to draw white lines representing the vision. Which is just a tad short of the promise I made.

So lets play with more settings and see if we can't make that happen then. Choose Preferences from the Edit menu, go to the Application tab and look for the check box "Auto-expose fog on token movement" and be sure its checked. ...
    Categories
    MapTools
  2. Using line of sight in Maptool (Part 1)

Some time ago I worked out how to make good use of the line of sight calculations in MapTool. Its pretty neat how it works. The players are shown an outline if what their characters can see; any tokens not within that shape are not shown to them. Which is really need for the Seeker in our group, he has a habit of hiding behind pillars and popping out to fire a few arrows on his turn before returning to cover. When he's behind the pillar he actually can't see whats going on in the melee, so every ...
    Categories
    MapTools
  3. Generic D&D 4E Power macro

Not long ago I was asked for help writing MapTool macros for a D&D 4E character. I came up with the idea that writing a single generic macro that could fit most of the powers would be the way to go. This way you could just copy the macro over and over for each power rather than create a new power for each one.

Since the macro would be loaded by a player and not the GM of the game I couldn't rely on there being anything built into the campaign properties, so the macro needed ...
    Categories
    MapTools
  4. My MapTool macros

I did that short series on how to setup MapTool for a tabletop game, and creating some basic macros to handle the dice rolls for you. I figured I ought to show the stuff that I ended up making for the game I'm playing. Its still being fix and added too, but its pretty functional. Its specifically for D&D 4th Edition, so unless you're playing that game it'll only be useful to see complete and allegedly working macros.

In the attached Zip file there are 5 files. Lets start by ...

Updated 06-01-2010 at 06:31 AM by Q-man

Categories
    MapTools
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  5. Creating custom forms in MapTool

Depending on how many macros you've made for you games in MapTool you're probably getting a pretty hefty list of properties for each token. This can make filling out those properties a little cumbersome since the way they are presented in the token properties isn't the easiest to work with. Also some of your macros might require several values to be entered, which is annoying since you get a new prompt for each one. A better solution might be for you to make your own forms where you could have ...
    Categories
    MapTools
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast