Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Nonsense

Just random babble, no real purpose or focus to it.

1. A strange collection of side skills

I'm not sure how it came up, but the other day I got to thinking about the many ways that playing tabletop role playing games has offered benefits elsewhere in life. I think its obvious how playing such games can increase your creativity and gives you another reason to be social, but it seems like the effect reach into a number of less obvious areas.

For example when pondering dastardly things to do yo players in my games, I tend to do best when engaged in some activity that needs ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
  2. Growing with the game or stagnation?

Way way back in time, when I was in high school I started playing tabletop RPG's. It was just D&D at that point, unless you want count Magic the Gathering as well. That was pretty much it for quite a while, until college was nearly over and we finally branched out to try Shadow Run.

That was kind of a weird revelation. The hobby store we got our books from was Phantom of the Attic, and it was predominantly for comic books so only the most popular games would show up on its ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
  3. Learning Warmachine

A couple of the friends that I play D&D with, are big on tabletop war games as well. Warhammer, Warmachine, Song of Blades and Heroes, that sort of stuff. For a while now, they've been trying to get the rest of the group to try out those games. Their main hurdle is that when all of us get together we'd rather progress the D&D campaign instead of try something new.

As I've recently had twin babies move in with me, my free time has been drastically cut short. Which means ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
  4. So you want to try a tabletop game online?

So you want to play a table top game, but your job has you on the road a lot, or maybe your group all grew up can't meet every Saturday to continue the campaign. So you start thinking about using an online tabletop to keep things going. There's a number of different options that you can try in order to make this work, and it might be tough trying to figure out which one is the best choice for your game. You'll need two things to make this work: a way to show the encounters to the players so that ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
  5. Mini Painting

I've never been very artistic, any good drawings that I've done tending to be doodles comprised of basic shapes like circles and squares. So the thought of me painting miniatures just seemed like a prelude to failure, so I never tried. During all the tabletop games I've played I just used the prepainted mini's or borrowed some from another player. Recently though some of my friends have been explaining that its not nearly as hard as I thought it was, there's some simple tricks that you can use to ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast