Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

OpenRPG

I use OpenRPG for a lot of games, every now and again I get to show new tricks for how the game works. Figured I'd collect some of the more useful stuff here.

1. Miniature Library tool

This is an explanation of another way to load and save maps. Its not nearly as easy and friendly as the load/save map option, but the fact that it lets you load the map in chunks may give it some advantages. When you load a saved map, it removes everything else that was displayed. Sometimes you want that, like when you go into a building. At other times like when you explore a dungeon and the map is revealed room by room you might want to load it in stages. That second option is where this tool ...
    Categories
    OpenRPG
  2. D&D 4th Edition Character Sheet

For some time now I've been working on a character sheet for D&D games in OpenRPG. Its gone through various incarnations along the way as I learned the rules better and found some new tricks to use in the sheet building tools.

What I've been after is a sheet that will assist with the math from all the modifiers that you end up with during a game. The sheet is supposed to have you fill in the basic information, then when you need to make a roll it pulls together all of the various ...
    Categories
    OpenRPG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  3. Alias Library tool

As a GM in OpenRPG you often need to change names often to act as an NPC during dialogs or whenever there's more than one NPC around. You can do this by changing your name repeatedly with the /nick command, but its more you have to type.

You may also want to use various colors of text so that what you type stands out a bit more. I like a nice bold red color when I'm talking as the DM and either black or shades of blue for NPC's. If you're using /nick to change your name then you ...
    Categories
    OpenRPG
  4. OpenRPG 1.7.7

When you go to openrpg.com it redirects you to http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=orpg which I assume is the home for the software, or was at some time. It has handy downloads where you can install it. Installing using the packages here gets you the wrong version. Even if you do the patching that it suggests you end up with version 1.7.1 of OpenRPG.

That version will work, but it has some pretty major bugs with the maps. It can't seem to handle loading multiple images at a time. ...
    Categories
    OpenRPG