Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Q-man

1. Scepter Tower of Spellgard [Part 4]

This was the first session I've been in in a long long time where the party didn't really want to leave the Inn. They were all content to hang around talking instead of seeking action. Not a bad thing at all, just really unexpected. Fortunately they spoke with a bunch of different NPC's throughout, so I wasn't completely on the sidelines for the session.

Despite their injuries from tangling with the ochre jelly the previous evening, the party rose early and met in the common room. ...
  2. Images for Maptool

In my list Step #2 for preparing for a game in MapTool is "Add images to your Resource Library". Thats what I'll be going on about here.

The first thing you'll need are some images to start with. If you're good at drawing you can do that to get them going, if not you'll want to spend some quality time Google to find some stuff that will work. Personally I like to start with digital pictures of tabletop miniatures. Wizards provides a handy gallery of their miniatures which ...
    Categories
    MapTools
  3. Running a game in MapTool

With my OpenRPG posts I just dove into explanations of some of the specific tools. Mostly because at the time I already knew all the basics and I only wanted to be bothered with the new stuff I was learning. MapTools is a little different, I'm just figuring it out now so I'll get to start from the beginning.

It looks like there are several steps you need to do in order to get started. They are as follows:

1. Setup Campaign Properties
    2. Add images to your Resource Library
    3. Create

Updated 07-14-2009 at 07:22 AM by Q-man

Categories
    MapTools
  4. Scepter Tower of Spellgard [Part 3]

The party woke early the next morning. As they entered the common room they could smell the eggs and sausage Brother Thanterim was preparing for breakfast. As they grabbed plates and started eating, another of the monks asked for some assistance.

Yannik Johastra needed some extra hands to repair a fallen arch. He had the stone repaired already, he just needed some folks to hold them steady while he mortared them in place. Fez said they might be able to help, they just had to check

Updated 07-12-2009 at 08:22 PM by Q-man

Categories
    Campaign Logs , Scepter Tower
  5. Miniature Library tool

This is an explanation of another way to load and save maps. Its not nearly as easy and friendly as the load/save map option, but the fact that it lets you load the map in chunks may give it some advantages. When you load a saved map, it removes everything else that was displayed. Sometimes you want that, like when you go into a building. At other times like when you explore a dungeon and the map is revealed room by room you might want to load it in stages. That second option is where this tool ...
    Categories
    OpenRPG
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast