Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Q-man

1. Writing Macros

So you're playing a game in MapTool and constantly typing [1d20 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 3] when you need to make an attack. Its really annoying and it would be nice if the program would remember the roll and all of your bonuses for you, and maybe did the mass at the click of a button to save wear on your finger tips. Thats exactly where the macros come in, so lets start figuring out how to make those work for you.

It seems to me that the most useful macros are bound to the characters, so thats ...

Updated 08-14-2009 at 11:47 AM by Q-man

Categories
    MapTools
  2. Scepter Tower of Spellgard [Part 5]

We had a new character join the party this week. The original DM finally got his schedule in order and is able to rejoin the group. He's playing a Dragonborn Paladin named Edric. So we had to go through his introduction this week. I went with the old standard of having the party rescue him. I gave him some information that is useful to the players as well, just to make sure they had a reason to keep him around.

As Miabe walked to the monastery with the others following behind, ...
  3. Campaign Rules

For any games I'm hosting these are the rules and limitations I'll be subjecting the players too. Not that I intend to have many of these, but I figure I should list my house rules instead of making them up on the spot.

1. First Aid can be used to allow an ally to spend a Healing Surge. This can be done on yourself or an adjacent ally, requires a standard action, and a DC 10 Heal check. However, the target does not gain the health until the beginning of their next turn. If

Updated 08-14-2009 at 03:05 PM by Q-man

Categories
    Nonsense
  4. Building Maps

You've now got a collection of tokens that are ready to use to create a map to cover an encounter for your players to battle against. We've actually seen most of what needs done for it. You simply drag your tokens onto the map in the correct layers and position them. What I'd like to discuss here are some other things you can do with the map on game day.

The first step in making maps is to set the background for it. When you start MapTool it will show a grassy field in the map. ...
    Categories
    MapTools
  5. Creating tokens

For those continuing from my last post you've got a collection of images showing up in your Resource Library. You have hopefully tried dragging them onto the map and building an encounter. I still say that these images aren't ready for use on game day. The remainder of this post will help you get them fully ready for use.

The first thing we need to do is talk about the 4 layers that the MapTools map works off of. It you look in the top right corner of the map you'll see the layer ...
    Categories
    MapTools
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast