Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Q-man

1. In which I complain about my DDI subscription

For a little over a year now I've had a subscription with WotC's DDI. This gets me their Dragon and Dungeon magazines, the 4E character builder, their monster editor, and access to the D&D compendium. Ostensibly it will give me access to the virtual tabletop they are working on, but as that isn't released yet I can't say much for certain.

On the surface I love the idea. A reasonable monthly fee gets me access to new D&D content as well as a suite of tools to help make the ...
    Categories
    D&D
  2. A strange collection of side skills

I'm not sure how it came up, but the other day I got to thinking about the many ways that playing tabletop role playing games has offered benefits elsewhere in life. I think its obvious how playing such games can increase your creativity and gives you another reason to be social, but it seems like the effect reach into a number of less obvious areas.

For example when pondering dastardly things to do yo players in my games, I tend to do best when engaged in some activity that needs ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
  3. Call of Cthulhu

For some months now I've been reading through the stories of H. P. Lovecraft. His concept of humans as insignificant motes of dust, hardly worth the attention of the older and more powerful inhabitants of the universe is really appealing to me. In most books, TV shows, and movies humans are major forces in these sort of conflicts; and in fact win more often than not. Its quite refreshing to see an approach where thats not the case.

This doesn't mean that humanity is defenseless ...
    Categories
    Call of Cthulhu
  4. Growing with the game or stagnation?

Way way back in time, when I was in high school I started playing tabletop RPG's. It was just D&D at that point, unless you want count Magic the Gathering as well. That was pretty much it for quite a while, until college was nearly over and we finally branched out to try Shadow Run.

That was kind of a weird revelation. The hobby store we got our books from was Phantom of the Attic, and it was predominantly for comic books so only the most popular games would show up on its ...
    Categories
    Nonsense
  5. Sembian Merchant in Suzail (Part 3)

Yes, I'm still babbling on about the adventures I put the party through. Take heart stalwart reader, this is the last post I have on that topic. Then I'll find something else to ramble on about. My party had already broken away from the full story I had written by this point. They decided some time ago that Deskyr was not to be trusted and saw too it that his plan could not come to pass. They still agreed to rescuing the paladin, so they were doing one last job for him. They had no intentions ...
    Categories
    D&D
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast