Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

deathboy

1. In the Sandbox... the world around Esurdia

Sorry it has been awhile since I posted, I apologize. As I last left off I was was getting ready to talk about the the lands around Esurdia. To me this is a funny statement, as Esurdia was a band of islands,. Any ways I digress.

To the South East the Continent of Vos stood. It's boarder ended East at the Dwarven Mountains of
    Kazrak-ac-Thúl. The Continent was named after the indiginous people called the Vos. The major nation in the continent was the Empire, both standing and fallen, ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  2. Esurdia the move from 2nd Ed. to 3.5

So as my Sandbox game was going the news hit the street that 3.0 was coming out. I heard a lot about the changes coming and thought this would be great as I had a large number of multi-classed demi-humans, especially Half-Elf Fighter/Clerics. I also liked the dropping of the class kits and specialty priest. So I was set for the new rules. Little did I know how wrong I was.

At the time of the release I was working for Games Workshop in one of their retail stores, thus the majority of ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. The Sandbox, again. Part 4 Deities and Quasi-Immortals

As I said last time I would talk about the Deities of my world. If you have been paying attention you may have an idea of what I was using. If not well my secret was this: I was lazy and took the entire Forgotten Realms Pantheon. This was due to the last game I ran was for a bunch of teenagers at a local gaming store and we used Waterdeep as our base of the game.

I was too familiar with what the greater group of Deities had to offer and I was running out of time to properly come up ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  4. Sandbox part 3... The Compainions

So yesterday I started on the History of Esurdia by bringing forth the brothers three. Now I want to talk about their friends: Simon, Talen and Xyleon.

Simon was Praxis' best friend and fellow paladin. He was charming, and wise, compared to Praxis being strong and enduring. When I created Simon I actually had his look down pat and thus gave him his full name, which only one of my starting players figured out the joke: Simon Le Bon. While Praxis was the great sword kind of guy Simon ...

Updated 06-08-2009 at 08:25 AM by deathboy

Categories
    Campaign Logs
  5. Sandbox Campaign part 2

So I had four basic ideas down about my world and the game I wanted to run. So I set about working more on the back story. This is where I I wanted to get the ideas of the events of the Historic leaving of the Elves.

It started with three brothers. I simply named them Amaranth, Methuselah and Praxis. (Yeah I know I was being lazy but hey again it worked.) The order they are listed in was their birth order.

Amaranth was a broken man who was forced to give himself to his ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast