Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Dytrrnikl

1. What happened to having a thick skin?!

Maybe I'm old school in thought, however, Sascha's most recent blog, along with some other things that have struck a cord with me, really got me thinking about one simple question, "WHAT HAPPENED TO HAVING A THICK SKIN?!"

I was ridiculed mercilessly for living with my Grandmother while I was child, for having second hand clothing, for going through someone else's trash to find bike's to clean-up, cannibalize, and slap together just to have a bike. I got my ass kicked on an ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. An Apology and Correction...

First, to anyone who has read my Draining Magic blogs, I apologize, as I discovered to my dismay that in Part 2, I posted my system for an alternate spell casting system for which I have not worked out all of the bugs as of yet.

Here is what I came up with, something which has worked out well so far in the limited playtests I have done.

1. No more # of spells per level per day. Instead, each spellcasting class has a Maximum Spell Level Known. This is based upon the spell ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Draining Magic part 2...

Ok, as I said previously, magic that ultiamtely has a draining effect on the caster has always resonated with me. Well, here is what I've created (hopefully original).

A few terms, used for convenience:
    Spells - cover arcane and divine spells, as well as psionic powers.

Magic - covers arcane and divine magic, as well as psionics.

Caster - all classes that cast or manifest

First, a nod to 4E, as I seperate spells into quick and dirty spells ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Draining magic...

Something I have been working on for awhile is modifying some mechanics in regards to magic - be it arcane, divine, or (for those of you that lump it all in one) psionics.

The Inspiration: Something that has always resonated with me in regards to magic, is that it is taxing in some fashion; that the human or demi-human body isn't truly capable of constantly handling the energies being channeled through or manipulated by the individual. Shadowrun had a nice drain mechanic to simulate ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized