Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Independant Gamer Perspective

Perspective from a gamer who maintains their own independent system and runs 3 games in a single custom world.

1. Dunstrand Rising - Retooling the Campaign

So, i got a lot of players wanting to come back to this campaign. Ha! Well, show me some appreciation then. Show up and don't sleep or spend time on the computer. Still, its hard not to want to start this up full steam again - especially since i was only able to find one new player. But, i have the feeling Thug Life will fall by the way side, as most of the players in that want to move back to something more epic. The whole scale changed for Thug Life - it went from not having to worry about the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Once again into the breach

Alright, so this wednesday is another Thug Life. I've loved playing it, and it requires little preparation on my part as a GM. I got some really good perspective and criticism from one of the main players... and so now i'm thinking i can re-tool our larger Dunstrand Rising camapign to allow for better player scheduling.

We managed to get one more in our group, but otherwise, finding players has been a pain in the tuckus. Now, i've killed off many of the campaign characters (i'm sure ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Solstice Gaming

Anyone out there run specific themes for this weekend? I've done it in both sci-fi and fantasy. Sadly, the gaming crew is "out" for the weekend. Everyone here in Seattle seems serious enough about it to do something... as if "gaming" is not special... i don't get it

Seriously, the Fremont Parade is this weekend, which is always worth it, admittedly, but its been like a weekend a half and i'm jonzing hard for my fix. Working hard on a new version of my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Working hard to support the PaPG

Well, so far, while its been slow, i've had a good experience in the groups at the site to assist in adventure writing. One particular result has been some good ideas that i have managed to turn into an adventure for my own system.

I've decided to publish the materials online and free of charge, in perpetuity. They are not quite finished yet, but i've posted what i got at:

http://www.incarna.net/host/kelly/i/...htmareAmongUs/

I welcome input ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Digging up past work

I've been asked to post results of play test sessions on line. Transparency is the key! I have nothing to hide, other than the embarrassing stream of consciousness format they ended up in. But, i managed to find older adventure materials too... quite a lot of zipped files with old files in old formats - even scanned notes. Ugh. Now begins the work of putting them into readable format. But its also been a good exercise in seeing how the system evolved. Not having kept good decision logs from the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized