Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Independant Gamer Perspective

Perspective from a gamer who maintains their own independent system and runs 3 games in a single custom world.

1. Published: Temple of the Dark Mirror

Well, i've technically written a lot of play scenarios but not all of them as organized as this one. I just finished this one and since my players don't have accounts here i can post here for comments and reviews. I'm sure its still got spelling errors and grammar... but i'm not too worried. One of my own players who GM's for another group is running this as a play test. I tend to write sparsely and fill in as i go, so this is more verbose than normal. I run plot heavy, but this is pretty short; ...
    Categories
    Musings , Campaign
  2. Summer Gaming Meltdown

Yes, its summer and its definitely more difficult to get groups together to game. Why? Because its summer dammit! Of course it is, and rightfully so. Even hardcore gamers appreciate the better weather to a certain degree. What that means for me is generally gaming sessions go down, but i get a chance to write more. I dont have to stay on top of the campaign, so i get to catch up on writing more adventure notes, updating the world and rule sets, and just play with ideas in general.

Categories
    Musings
  3. Being sick gives a burst of creativity

I just am on the other side of 3 days of severe neck pain and being dosed with anti-inflammatories, ice, pain meds, and sleep medicine gave me a burst of creativity. In the middle of it i had a great idea for an adventure down and wrote it down on the backs of 3 pieces of a character sheet print out i had next to my bed.

Now that i look at it a little clearer to type it up, its absolutely brilliant. And it takes place on a ship, not many of my adventures are on water. It surprisingly ...
    Categories
    Musings
  4. Character Blogs

I gave my players an opportunity to earn rewards - action points in the system we use - for blogging about their adventures in their characters voice. More if done from a literacy view limited by appropriate level of literacy. A couple people clamored for it, but it turns out in several months not one player did it. I'm not sure what point this proves, or why i'm even bringing up the point, and i wont say i'm not disappointed... but i'm not surprised either.

I guess i was hoping ...
    Categories
    Musings
  5. Resurrection or New Character?

Sometimes its hard to decide... I've long past the power gamer stage where i need a character that is the hero and can do everything in every situation. Heck, i don't worry about dying so much as i worry about a good death when it comes. But... what do you do when you are faced with the proposition of the possibility of resurrection vs. the opportunity to play a really cool new character concept? On the one hand, there's a lot invested in the old character... but its old hat. Its known and understood, ...
    Categories
    Musings
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast