Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands

I am planning to use this blog to share some notes about the various adventures set in The Unquiet Lands. (http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...-Unquiet-Lands) This will be a work in progress and may not be updated frequently, as my main work lies in the preparation and running of the games themselves.

1. Sample Monster Statistics for Memories Remain, Record #1

by , 10-07-2013 at 05:48 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Abyssal Scavenger
    Level 29 Minion Brute
    Medium Elemental Magical Beast (Demon)
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Languages: understands Abyssal
    Str 30 (+24) Con 17 (+17) Dex 27 (+22) Int 8 (+13) Wis 26 (+22) Cha 6 (+12)
    Bluff +17

Immediate Actions
    Undulating Form (at-will reaction trigger - an enemy makes a melee or ranged attack against the abyssal scavenger) Shift 1.

Minor Actions
    Resume Form (requirement: the abyssal scavenger must ...

Updated 10-08-2013 at 01:04 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 4e D&D Alignment: an Interpretation for My Game

by , 06-20-2013 at 06:03 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    For literally years, I have felt the need to put together a cogent piece on the role of alignments in my execution of the game. In part, this is because I have not seen some of my constructions of the topic expressed before in rules, articles, or discussion. What follows is how I have long viewed alignments, but never previously found a way to state in an organized fashion.

My interpretation of alignments is thus:
    • Alignments represent a contract between the player and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Attribute Comparison, Danmaku Yuugi Flowers Sample NPCs, and Conversion to Tale of Phantasmal Land

by , 06-16-2013 at 08:40 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Before I get started with the NPCs, here is what constitute a typical attribute level for normal people in each game system:

• Danmaku Yuugi Flowers: 3
    • Feng Shui: 5
    • Maid: 2
    • Mekton Zeta: 5
    • Star Frontiers: 45
    • Tenra Banshou Zero: 2
    • Tale of Phantasmal Land: 4
    • Traveller: 7

Danmaku Yuugi Flowers chronicles the adventures of apparitions, demons, fairies, ghosts, and even some humans, as they resolve mysterious incidents that beset their fantasy land. Tale of Phantasmal ...

Updated 06-16-2013 at 08:50 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Tenra Banshou Zero Sample NPCs

by , 06-15-2013 at 07:43 AM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    As I usually do with pre-packaged settings, I have altered a number of elements to suit my tastes. The descriptions provided in this post can be said to broadly resemble the official world, but differ in many specifics.

Tenra Banshou Zero is an alternate, "hyper-Asian" world consisting of entrenched human colonists and aboriginal oni, where advanced spiritual technology lies in the hands of Buddhist preachers, Shinto priests, and Taoist sorcerers. Political power is wielded ...

Updated 06-15-2013 at 07:56 AM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mekton Zeta and Zeta Plus Sample Mecha, Starship, and NPCs

by , 06-14-2013 at 06:44 PM (The Dungeon Master's Journal of the Unquiet Lands)
    Technology in Mekton settings often undergoes rapid development. What follows is information from two years prior to the scenario. Damage, structure, and stopping, essentially "hit points" are measured differently between mecha-scale and personal-scale. For NPCs, units are measured in Hits, and for mecha and starship they are measured in Kills. Roughly speaking, one Kill is 25 Hits, though in practice it is difficult to use Hits of damage to affect Kills of structure. Therefore, the ...

Updated 06-14-2013 at 06:53 PM by Umiushi

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast