Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Drone7

1. Valley of Fet, or maybe town of Fet

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Ill start with some background since some of my posts become less about the campaign substance and more about the game system.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]The town and keep of Sodor (yes, I ripped that off my son is a Thomas the train fan) was experiencing some trouble with a blue dragon and local kobold tribes. The player characters, all strangers at first, were arriving in the town of Sodor ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. An issue with 4th edition

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Im not sure if this has been brought up before and if it has my response would be; it is such a big issue that it deserves to be brought up again.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]The issue I am speaking of is the discrepancy between the wealth of a character created and beginning play at 2nd or 3rd level compared to a character that began play at 1st level and played through to 2nd or 3rd level. If you are not sure what I am talking about, I will ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Valley . . . again.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]While the group is still new to fourth edition, I am sincerely hoping that those hour long encounters quickly become a thing of the past. That is correct; we had an elite encounter this past Saturday, with the elite goblin being created using the DM toolkit in the DMG. [/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]My thoughts on that:[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Either the party is just ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Valley of Fet (My first 4th edition campaign)

[COLOR=black][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I have been playing (and DMing) D&d since 1st edition, and as of last Saturday, right through 4th edition.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Since I am new to the system and there is not a lot of published 4th edition stuff yet. I decided to run it in a homebrewed setting where the group would not be locked into playing in a setting that we ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized