Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

Otakar

1. How did they become heros?

I skipped 3E but as I play 4E I find that the characters are downright tough! I pit the 4E first level characters vs monsters as recommended in the DMG and modules and I cringe. In my 1E and 2E mindset these characters are going to get their [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Clocks Cleaned!

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]When they play within their role (controller, defender, striker, leader) they manage to always come out on top. My new players really seem to enjoy this but I had one old-schooler ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Monitizing my passion II

I wrote earlier about monitizing my passion for gaming. Since I retired from the Coast Guard I haven't really done any gaming. Between working on my home and family I haven't made the time for it. I hear talk of table top gaming dying and I can see why. I can get my "fix" by playing Fate on the PC for 45 minutes without involving anyone. I can also live vicariously through others in the community by reading their blogs. I pulled a couple of old role playing games off of Abandonia.com that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Can I monitize my passion?

The late Malcolm S. Forbes said, "The biggest mistake people make in life is NOT making a living at doing what they most enjoy."

When I think of my hobbies I consider fishing, working in the garden, working on the house, watching UFC, and playing computer games. None of those compare to my first thought; role playing games. I enjoy the stink out of them. I like reading about them, owning them, getting with a few people to play and running them. I'm not a writer like some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Society of the Upper Room Session 10

After finishing the orcs and the cavern choker the party takes a short rest. Thalion checks the door from which the choker emerged. A narrow set of wooden stairs lead down to a cellar. Phaldara leads the way down the stairs to an un-kept room. Across from the stairs there is a door, meant to be concealed but left ajar. Green flickering light leaks out from around the edges. A quick peek by Thalion reveals another flight of stairs.

The green light emanates from two torches fastened ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Society of the Upper Room Session 9

Eastra and her porters offer to take the coin won from the dragon back to Valmorgan and keep it in the Septarch’s tower. Tuan, trusting no, decides to remain with her and her team to assist. Thalion, Phal’dara and Ecthor take the children, Tyla and the head of Sstharax back to the city as well. The group hires some human females to attend to the children and the still incoherent Tyla while they follow-up on some leads within the city. The note and other leads appear to point to the mysterious ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast