Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

GoddessGood: The Ramblings

Where all my thoughts go to party
Features mainly my campaign logs, reviews of various things and some arts and crafts now and then.

1. Ghost of a Chance, Part 1

So we're back again, after a short jaunt through the first level of Keep on the Shadowfell's dungeon. We have a new site up at Obsidian Portal here. You can see the previous adventure logs there as well and some more details about the world that will get filled in as I have time and as more is uncovered.

Ominous Whispers and Fractured Sapphire's players didn't make it to this session. We focus on the plights of Nine Willows in Autumn (Willow for short), Gaias Valerius and Stalwart ...
  2. Dolling, Again.

Been a while since I made these, actually. I just hadn't noticed that I didn't post them.

The first is Stalwart Second, a Zenith Caste Solar in my Exalted group. The challenge here was sizing his head down for his body. Second is meant to be a rather tall man and the style of animation is such that heads tend to be larger than in real life. This gave the impression that his head was bigger than his entire torso and just wouldn't do . I recolored and added in a horse for him. Also, ...

Updated 07-18-2009 at 09:46 AM by GoddessGood

Categories
    General
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stalwartsecond.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	2410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Willowsmall.PNG 
Views:	152 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	2411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Cast.PNG 
Views:	137 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	2412  

3. H.P. Lovecraft stories

I've recently begun reading a compilation of H.P. Lovecraft's stories "of horror and the macabre" if you believe the hype on the front cover. So far I've read through 7 of the 16 presented in the book, so I thought I'd give a quick rundown of my opinions on each.

The Rats in the Walls - This story begins with the narrator describing how he hunted down the ruins of an ancestral home that is reputed to be cursed and much maligned by the locals. He, being an upstanding New England ...

Updated 06-02-2009 at 10:08 AM by GoddessGood

Categories
    Reviews , Reviews
  4. You CAN go home again

I visited my hometown last weekend to see my sister graduate with a bachelor's and master's degree (simultaneously!) and see my mom for mother's day. It struck me how I still know where everything is, I know what's changed and what's the same, and I fell right back into the local culture. Also, geez is it hot down there

I spent a little while frequenting old haunts. The barnes and noble where I met the GM of a group I was with years ago, the pagan shop where I got my tools of ...
    Categories
    General
  5. Dolling, Episode III

So, I'm at it again. This time, more NPCs have gotten the dolling treatment. First is Senmai, a young girl with eastern roots. She is a close companion to Nine Willows in Autumn. I had the most fun on her coat this time, picking the different color schemes and trying to preserve the feeling that you're actually looking at silk. I love how it worked out to look like she's playing with her hair. Sort of gives her that youthful touch.

The second fellow is Howls Justice, another Lunar ...
    Categories
    General
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Senmai.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	2398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justice.PNG 
Views:	177 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	2399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justicecm.PNG 
Views:	196 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	2400  

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast