Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Blog Comments

Nice. I've been waiting for this one, Tameranth. I like how the gargoyles and Stonewalker Spirits collaborated. It's impressive that the party was able to rally and overcome. I look forward to reading more. Keep the faith!
    Hey Tamerath, Keep up the posts! I can't wait to see what happens in Ravenloft.
    Quote Originally Posted by InvestFDC
    Are there no permanent spells in 4th ed. such as Continual Flame?
    Well, Wizards still got their light spell...it's not permanent...but there's no limit to how much you can cast it and not that much fuss to dispel either. There are some rituals that are permanent...off the top of my head enchant/disenchant magic item. Rituals in 4E are pretty much the utility spells they had in the past with some new twists and stuff, once you see them in play they are pretty sweet actually. There's a boat load of rituals that last for a good while depending on how well you roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth-Amon
    How old are you now? 21?

Now you can throw away that fake id that says your 30.
    hehehe...thanks amigo
    There is an Everburning Torch! I'll also be packing a few sunrods for when we need some really bright light.

I also have a small silver mirror for those peek-around-the-corner times.

Everlasting provisions is a level 4 item that is good for the whole party!

100' of rope and a climber's kit for when the need arises and a Hunter's Flint and oil for some fiery goodness are also in my backpack (thanks for the advice Tamerath!)

I have some other goodies up my sleeve as well, so I think I'm all ready. Let the good times roll!
    I enjoyed reading your blog, Tamerath. Keep it going, with all the adventuring goodiness of game play.

Thoth-Amon
    Are there no permanent spells in 4th ed. such as Continual Flame?
    How old are you now? 21?

Now you can throw away that fake id that says your 30.
    Thanks for the Birthday Wishes my friends! It was a blast to be sure. Star Trek was awesome!, Wolverine...it'd be a nice rental?...wasn't my favorite, but it was good to see Wolverine in action again all the same.
    Well happy 30th birthday! Enjoy the movie, but please don't give away the ending...lol.

I'll see you next Saturday for some wholesome D&D goodness!
    Happy Birthday, Tamerath. I haven't been to the Blue Jay theater in over 15 years. It's still there? Wow.

Whichever movie you see, be sure to give us your impressions.

Thoth-Amon
    Feliz Cumpleaños!
    Updated 05-08-2009 at 10:51 AM by Dimthar (Spelling)
    4 weeks! I'm going through withdrawals!
    Tamerath, good luck and I am sure you and your player will enjoy Ravenloft, I did even when the going was rough.
    Ah ha, Tamerath! I found your secret scrolls!

Tried to kill us, you did at that! I fell off the tower wall while Ireena was swooped away by Strahd.

I'm glad that demon was there to distract him. We'd have been toast for sure if his attention was solely on us!

Good times!
    I love the idea of the new hybrid class system. Maybe I'm just a multi-classing freak, but I can't remember the last character I played who wasn't a multi-class character... even in 4E, and I'm not particularly fond of the 4E multi-classing. The hybrid rules are cool with me.

As for the wilden, I'm pretty indifferent at this point. I love seeing new character options, so I like seeing new classes and races, but this one just doesn't excite me.
    I don't much care for the current multi-class system in 4e. Even though I have made fun of the new approach, I hope they work it out and come up with something better than what they have now.

As for the artwork, some is decent and some is really, really bad. I just hope they don't let the guys who did the artwork on pages 49, 52, 54, 72, 94 and 95 of the MP anywhere near the PHB3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimthar
    I wish I could play with you too.

Thinking on Cinematic Effects, You could treat Strahad's Beast Forms (same as the way the Druids ability).

And How about giving Strahad Wings in Human Form (like the Dragonborn Paragon Path Power)

I am all for special effects, assuming "Supernatural Strength" I typically give werewolfs or vampires a power like this (4e): 1d10 + STR Push character 4 squares and knock it prone.

For the Blood drain? is he using his fangs? I would make it a 2-step attack (similar to what the Ghouls do). I think if it is going to be at-will, it would be better to restrict it when he is bloodied.
    Thanks for your kind words! I did originally think about giving him Supernatural Strength with a push factor involved in his attacks...but settled on the fact he's a skirmisher...not a type that'd force you away from him..but more apt to dart in and out of the fray. Maybe he wants them close..then he can grab them up and sink those fangs into him. Hehehe..interesting thought: It was great earlier in the adventure when they saw Strahd fighting against a demon I created...the party just had a hard time with this demon...and between this demon and strahd..they knew they were going to die...so they ran..but as they looked back their final image was frozen in their minds : Strahd sinking his fangs into the neck of a demon...even as it's aura hurt strahd the fact he BIT a demon freaked them out. Great Adventure
    I wish I could play with you too.

Thinking on Cinematic Effects, You could treat Strahad's Beast Forms (same as the way the Druids ability).

And How about giving Strahad Wings in Human Form (like the Dragonborn Paragon Path Power)

I am all for special effects, assuming "Supernatural Strength" I typically give werewolfs or vampires a power like this (4e): 1d10 + STR Push character 4 squares and knock it prone.

For the Blood drain? is he using his fangs? I would make it a 2-step attack (similar to what the Ghouls do). I think if it is going to be at-will, it would be better to restrict it when he is bloodied.
    Updated 04-18-2009 at 09:47 PM by Dimthar
    Very cool, Tamerath. Wishing i was part of this cool campaign. keep us up to date.

Thoth-Amon
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast