Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
View RSS Feed

The Curmudgeon's Lair

cur·mudg·eon: (NOUN) An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.

1. Sons of Tyranny: Political Aspirations

The character learn that in their absence that the good king of Tyr, Tithian I, has decreed that all citizens of Tyr shall have one cup of water per day free from the public wells. In addition, the noble senate has been dissolved and is to be replaced by a council of advisers elected from each district.

The group, having nothing to do currently spends a few days relaxing in their flop-house in the artisan district, while they wait for Meliot to restore the scrolls they found ...

Updated 05-09-2011 at 12:34 AM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sons of Tyranny: Back to the Salt Mines

Back to the Salt Mines

After looting the tomb and waiting until sunrise, the group emerges from the crypt. They find that the undead have returned to their graves, at least temporarily, and head out across the salt flat back toward the location of the salt mine. After a few hours they arrive back at the rock shelter that was being used as a base camp by the miners and find it deserted. After searching the shelter for signs of foul play, and then anything usable the ...
    Categories
    Campaign Logs
  3. Sons of Tyranny: The Temple of Wyan of Bodach

The group decides to climb down off the butte and head toward the ruined temple to the west. They set out across the salt flat expecting to arrive at the temple in only a few hours. However, the simmering heat coming off of the salt flat made the ruin appear closer than it really was. After several extra hours of walking the group finally reaches the ancient crumbling temple. From a distance the group can see that a portion of the roof remains intact as do most of the edifices walls. They ...
    Tags: d&d, dark sun Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sons of Tyranny

“No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power on Athas than the need for freedom. Against that power, tyrants and armies cannot stand.”

--Unknown

"I too was born a slave, a son of tyranny... but If I die this day, I will die as a free man!"

--Malthius, Mule Gladiatior

we find our would be heroes, ex-slaves from the gladiator pits of Tyr, a mere week into their lives ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Cure for the Common Stirge

So tonight we had an encounter with some Stirges. Brought about no doubt by the discussion around the table of our fond and not so fond remembrances of 1e D&D. Some of the conversation centered around the ways that the 1st edition rules (or lack of) were abused by players, with plenty of humorous examples.

In the ensuing, and very not so deadly encounter with said Stirges from Sturgis. The Avenger character was hit. If a strige hits with an attack, at which point the character ...

Updated 08-27-2010 at 01:26 AM by kirksmithicus

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast